The Student Room Group

Recommend me medical schools for 2017 entry?

Hi which medical schools should I apply to according to my strengths..
I think my only strengths are my GCSEs which still are not that good..

1A*10A1B
630 Band 3 -
+ Weak personal statement with a little bit of work xp.

Yeh.. Im definitely re applying next year with more work experience and achieved hopefully 3 AAA at A level.

Im applying this year to get some feedback from Unis and see how to improve massively for next year.

Cheers!!
I don't think GCSE's are focused on much? (I'm Scottish) and I was also unaware that Universities even gave feedback, I'm pretty sure they just offer/reject?
Original post by bobwibbles
Hi which medical schools should I apply to according to my strengths..
I think my only strengths are my GCSEs which still are not that good..

1A*10A1B
630 Band 3 -
+ Weak personal statement with a little bit of work xp.

Yeh.. Im definitely re applying next year with more work experience and achieved hopefully 3 AAA at A level.

Im applying this year to get some feedback from Unis and see how to improve massively for next year.

Cheers!!

Liverpool score a* and A GCSEs the same so you'd have maximum points for that. Think last year was first time using ukcat so not sure what scores got interview. Might be worth ringing them?
Reply 3
Original post by caitlynm
I don't think GCSE's are focused on much? (I'm Scottish) and I was also unaware that Universities even gave feedback, I'm pretty sure they just offer/reject?

Some Unis like Bristol and others appreciate a high number of A*s at gcse and more etc. I remember one Uni where A* is worth double compared to A so I was at a huge disadvantage! getting only half score for GCSEs.
Reply 4
Original post by newgirl66
Liverpool score a* and A GCSEs the same so you'd have maximum points for that. Think last year was first time using ukcat so not sure what scores got interview. Might be worth ringing them?

Wow that is great I will look into Liverpool thank you so much for that!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending