(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

because free will
Original post by Blackstarr
because free will

That's the idea:biggrin:
Original post by SunnysideSea
x

My mum studied Theology at Manchester University and she said that she didn't get the answers she was looking for :laugh:
Haha well I suppose it can't please everyone:tongue: May I ask what answers she didn't find? Maybe I could help!
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
As an atheist, I've never discared theology's interested aspects - I too think it's quite interesting. In fact, most of my RS teachers at school are atheists. Although, I do think philosophy in general is more interesting as it encompasses more topics.

I think I agree with all of that:smile:. Philsophy is so vast it's quite amazing, but Theology has its merits as well. Lucky I guess so many unis offer Philosophy and Theology:h:
Original post by SunnysideSea
Haha well I suppose it can't please everyone:tongue: May I ask what answers she didn't find? Maybe I could help!

Her question is unanswerable in the sense that it's a difficult topic. She said that her christian pastor told her that women were not allowed to teach or preach in church yet there were women preachers so she was mad and went to study Theology to find out and prove her pastor wrong. Sadly Manchester didn't offer the answers she wanted :laugh:
Well that's a shame - though of course the answer she was after would depend on which Christian denomination she belonged:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
(edited 7 years ago)
(edited 7 years ago)
(edited 7 years ago)
Some starting salary statistics from
http://www.savethestudent.org/student-jobs/whats-the-expected-salary-for-your-degree.html

The figures used are from the Graduate Recruitment Bureau and HESA, correct as of October 2015.

It would appear that Theology graduates beat Biology, Chemistry Pharmacology and Engineering graduates. Not bad for an 'unemployable' subject eh?:biggrin::biggrin:!!

Accounting & Finance £27,149
Archaeology £21,500
Architecture £21,500
Art (creative, visual, performance) £19,000
Biology £22,950
Business Studies £24,027
Chemical Engineering £27,000
Chemistry £23,353
Civil Engineering £24,500
Classics & Ancient History £21,667
ComputerScience £27,942
Dentistry £30,132
Economics £23,604
Engineering £23,125
English £21,219
Geography £24,018
History £23,300
HR £24,333
Law £18,000
Languages (modern) £18,000
Maths £25,902
Mechanical Engineering £24,923
Media Studies £21,571
Medicine £23,813
Nursing £21,692
Pharmacology £18,500
Philosophy £27,429
Physics £26,487
Politics £20,333
Psychology £20,667
Religious Studies £24,000
Veterinary £26,000
Bumpety Bumpety Bump
Very interesting thread OP.
Original post by Ladymusiclover
Very interesting thread OP.

Why thank you:smile:
Reply 15
OP do you study theology?
I have studied BA in Islamic theology is that the same thing?
I love this and your philosophy thread, TSR needed someone like yourself. :smile:

Spoiler

Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I love this and your philosophy thread, TSR needed someone like yourself. :smile:

Spoiler

Aww thank you:h:

Spoiler

Original post by MiszShortee786
I have studied BA in Islamic theology is that the same thing?

Of course! Where did you study?

Quick Reply

Latest