The Student Room Group

Science GCSE query

Hi,
I am currently studying for my GCSE's which include physics, biology and chemistry.
My teacher has said we are doing the higher paper level 1/2 so I have started looking at past papers but have become a little confused!
Some of the papers have unit three on them and appear harder, is this because 3 is for further science? I don't want to print them off if they are not needed.
Hope my rambling makes sense!

Original post by Offmyrocker
Hi,
I am currently studying for my GCSE's which include physics, biology and chemistry.
My teacher has said we are doing the higher paper level 1/2 so I have started looking at past papers but have become a little confused!
Some of the papers have unit three on them and appear harder, is this because 3 is for further science? I don't want to print them off if they are not needed.

Unit 3 is for Triple Science. If you are not doing Triple, then you don't have to worry about it.
Reply 2
Thanks for reply.

I am doing all three sciences, i'm presuming that is triple? What confused me was my teacher said we are doing, AQA IGCSE higher level 1/2 certificate, which is the case for all three of the sciences. Any ideas?
Reply 3
Original post by Offmyrocker
Hi,

I think it would be better to ask your teacher and find out if your doing triple science or not. If you are doing core and additional Science you only need the unit 1's and 2's in Chemistry, Biology and Physics while the unit 3's are only for people doing further additional Science which means an extra unit in all three Sciences. People doing core and additional only get 2 GCSE's in Science while the triple gets you 3 GCSE's because of the extra unit 3 papers.

Quick Reply

Latest