The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Scienceisgood
Managed to take down that gym that *isses me off a little today, when I got to it it was at 52k... Again...

Spoiler

Wish I had more revives but oh well...
Maybe next time...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just take out the weakest pokemon with one of yours which is a lower CP but has type advantage - run away from the battle after that and you should quickly take out 500 prestige points each time.
That time where the universe trolls you and gives you an Eevee from a 10k egg, you then almost immediately after hatching get another 10k and think you get a chance of redemption and get this...

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1475517443.877003.jpg

Was hoping for a Snorlax...

Posted from TSR Mobile
proud moment today of catching a wild Dragonite :h:
Original post by lilGem
proud moment today of catching a wild Dragonite :h:

Nice, best moments today were the following;

1. Finally hatched a starter that wasn't a Bulbasaur (no joke, hatched like 7 bulbasaurs...). Was a squirtle.

2. Added two new Pokemon to my pokedex (scyther and lickitongue).

Unfortunately not nearly as good as a dragonite... Only have 40 dratini candy (walked over 100k with my dratini buddy) and my dratini isn't good enough to evolve, is only 531CP and is registered as really good...

Need more Pokemon... 😥

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nice, best moments today were the following;

1. Finally hatched a starter that wasn't a Bulbasaur (no joke, hatched like 7 bulbasaurs...). Was a squirtle.

2. Added two new Pokemon to my pokedex (scyther and lickitongue).

Unfortunately not nearly as good as a dragonite... Only have 40 dratini candy (walked over 100k with my dratini buddy) and my dratini isn't good enough to evolve, is only 531CP and is registered as really good...

Need more Pokemon... 😥

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have a dratini but its only 51cp :'( hatched another 3 eggs: poliwag, voltorb and a bellsprout. **

caught a rydon recently and hatched at 1148cp aerodactyl *
Found my first Ekans yesterday - only just realised after like 15 years that Ekans is Snake backwards and Arbok is Kobra (Cobra) backwards :facepalm:

Caught like 5 other pokemon I've been looking for generally for candies to evolve but some way off still.

This buddy system is pretty good - used it to power up my Lapras, helped me on my way to Gyarados (which I've now powered to 2100+ CP) and now added enough candies to evolve a Clefairy and Geodude. That should bring my pokedex up to 114 when I finally evolve.

Had a 600+ CP eevee run away from me yesterday which was the only blot on an otherwise good day.

I just need to find 2 more eevees to make my Vaporeon my 5th CP 2000+ pokemon.

I'm also only on 30 dratini candy. Unfortunately both my dragonairs are weak and low CP. Have a dratini which is just under 600 CP which if I magically found 100 dratini candy, would be over 2000 CP.
Original post by Zerforax
Found my first Ekans yesterday - only just realised after like 15 years that Ekans is Snake backwards and Arbok is Kobra (Cobra) backwards :facepalm:

Caught like 5 other pokemon I've been looking for generally for candies to evolve but some way off still.

This buddy system is pretty good - used it to power up my Lapras, helped me on my way to Gyarados (which I've now powered to 2100+ CP) and now added enough candies to evolve a Clefairy and Geodude. That should bring my pokedex up to 114 when I finally evolve.

Had a 600+ CP eevee run away from me yesterday which was the only blot on an otherwise good day.

I'm also only on 30 dratini candy. Unfortunately both my dragonairs are weak and low CP. Have a dratini which is just under 600 CP which if I magically found 100 dratini candy, would be over 2000 CP.

So you missed Muk off that list as well? :ahee:

I'm so tempted to just blow all my stardust and power up decent IV pokemon for a while, but the game really has lost its appeal now. It's difficult to want to play it (which was always the fear with winter)

I've noticed Eevees are waaaaaay to common around my area (and it kinda annoys me how they come from 10k eggs...). My highest CP Eevee so far has been 658 which I evolved into a 1700+ Flareon. Found a slightly weaker one (around 630) and evolved it into a 1800 and something Vaporeon. =D

Am going to make my way into town today (there's a boat docking area nearby) and am hoping for some magikarp. Am currently sitting on 272 Magikarp candy and have a 156CP Magikarp (with 97 IVs) I want to evolve into a gyarados...
Also, you should have come to Bristol Stoke Park, up until only 1 week ago, it was an Ekans nest... =l
Now the housing estate next to UWE seems to spawn Eevees galore...
Original post by Donkey******
So you missed Muk off that list as well? :ahee:

I'm so tempted to just blow all my stardust and power up decent IV pokemon for a while, but the game really has lost its appeal now. It's difficult to want to play it (which was always the fear with winter)

:rofl:

How much stardust do you have?

I have around 190k stardust left. I've used about 125k stardust on 5 pokemon.

I managed to add around 30 pokemon to my pokedex in quick succession which is why I think I've retained some interest..

I've noticed Eevees are waaaaaay to common around my area (and it kinda annoys me how they come from 10k eggs...). My highest CP Eevee so far has been 658 which I evolved into a 1700+ Flareon. Found a slightly weaker one (around 630) and evolved it into a 1800 and something Vaporeon. =D

Am going to make my way into town today (there's a boat docking area nearby) and am hoping for some magikarp. Am currently sitting on 272 Magikarp candy and have a 156CP Magikarp (with 97 IVs) I want to evolve into a gyarados...
Also, you should have come to Bristol Stoke Park, up until only 1 week ago, it was an Ekans nest... =l
Now the housing estate next to UWE seems to spawn Eevees galore...

Lucky.. are you in London? I could do with another 4-5 eevees to max out my Vaporeon and considering my Arcanine has terrible moves, I wouldn't mind a Flareon with a fire charge move..

Nvm you're in Bristol which is a bit of a trek :colondollar:

Gyarados if it has Bite/Hydropump is actually really good.
Managed to find a 1502CP Muk just now. =D

Used like 7 ultra balls trying to catch it though...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Managed to find a 1502CP Muk just now. =D

Used like 7 ultra balls trying to catch it though...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Gah nice! I rarely see anything evolved other than Golbat/Pidgey evolutions..
Ok, main focus of today was to get enough candy for a Gyarados...
Currently have... duh duh duh...

Spoiler

Spent over an hour pacing up and down the river in Bristol city centre (probably looking like an idiot...) and only had to stop because my phone was on about 5% and my bus pass is on an app on my phone... -.-

Although, did manage to find a good CP Slowpoke (near 800) and a few dratini. =)
Ok, main focus of today was to get enough candy for a Gyarados...
Currently have... duh duh duh...

Spoiler

Spent over an hour pacing up and down the river in Bristol city centre (probably looking like an idiot...) and only had to stop because my phone was on about 5% and my bus pass is on an app on my phone... -.-

Although, did manage to find a good CP Slowpoke (near 800) and a few dratini. =)

Will it be quicker to walk 4k with magikarp as buddy or find another one?

Yea after all that effort if the gyarados has twister..

Why not both?

Depends where you are really, at home I rarely see magikarp, but you wouldn't expect to with so little water, but when visiting London I often walk the Thames walk and there it's magikarp for days

Posted from TSR Mobile

The sheer thought of parting from my Dratini buddy appals me to no end.. How could you even think let alone suggest such a thing?!

We've walked 125km together and shall continue to do so for the foreseeable future!

Posted from TSR Mobile
The sheer thought of parting from my Dratini buddy appals me to no end.. How could you even think let alone suggest such a thing?!

We've walked 125km together and shall continue to do so for the foreseeable future!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow impressive! Determined to get that Dragonite then?

I've been buddying up with 1km pokemon which I need to add to pokedex - latest one is Pikachu :colondollar:
Guys, good or not good?

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1475751691.472340.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys, good or not good?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are the IV stats like?

Hydropump is a significantly better move than Dragon Rage but the latter isn't as bad as Twister.

If you haven't got many other powered pokemon it might be worth doing since you could get it near 2k eventually? Depends if you think you have the stomach for another 400 karp candies to try another evoluton (which could still turn out badly).

On a funnier note:

The Norwegian prime minister has been caught playing Pokémon Go during a debate in Norway’s parliament.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/oct/05/norway-prime-minister-caught-playing-pokemon-go-parliament-erna-solberg

Guys, good or not good?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sorry for your loss. RIP 400 candies
What are the IV stats like?

Hydropump is a significantly better move than Dragon Rage but the latter isn't as bad as Twister.

If you haven't got many other powered pokemon it might be worth doing since you could get it near 2k eventually? Depends if you think you have the stomach for another 400 karp candies to try another evoluton (which could still turn out badly).

On a funnier note:

The Norwegian prime minister has been caught playing Pokémon Go during a debate in Norway’s parliament.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/oct/05/norway-prime-minister-caught-playing-pokemon-go-parliament-erna-solberg

Original post by Donkey******
I'm sorry for your loss. RIP 400 candies

IVs are 97%, perfect attack and defence but stamina is a 14. =l

Quick Reply

Latest