The Student Room Group

Should I choose unis with similar grade requirements or a range?

I want to study psychology and my predictions are A*A*A.

I am definitely applying to Cambridge (A*AA), Bath (A*AA), Exeter (AAA) and York (AAB).

I'm not sure whether to choose Durham or UEA for my final choice. The requirements for Durham are AAA which fit with my other choices but for UEA it is ABB-BBB.

I was thinking UEA because I'll be more likely to get an offer as I have much higher predictions and I know Durham is very competitive.

I'm not sure whether it is better to choose universities with a range of grade requirements as it is more likely that I'll be accepted or go with universities that require similar or the same grades and hope at least one will give me an offer!

What do you think?
Reply 1
Original post by SammyL24
I want to study psychology and my predictions are A*A*A.

I am definitely applying to Cambridge (A*AA), Bath (A*AA), Exeter (AAA) and York (AAB).

I'm not sure whether to choose Durham or UEA for my final choice. The requirements for Durham are AAA which fit with my other choices but for UEA it is ABB-BBB.

I was thinking UEA because I'll be more likely to get an offer as I have much higher predictions and I know Durham is very competitive.

I'm not sure whether it is better to choose universities with a range of grade requirements as it is more likely that I'll be accepted or go with universities that require similar or the same grades and hope at least one will give me an offer!

What do you think?

You will almost definitely get offers from Bath, Exeter and York. Your spread is already sufficient with A*AA - AAB against A*A*A prediction.

But if you prefer the course at UEA apply there, or if your prefer the one at Durham apply there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by jneill
You will almost definitely get offers from Bath, Exeter and York. Your spread is already sufficient with A*AA - AAB against A*A*A prediction.

But if you prefer the course at UEA apply there, or if your prefer the one at Durham apply there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for your advice!

Both courses look really good but I will have another look.
I have A*A*A predicted and am applying to Cambridge (A*AA), Leeds (AAB), Manchester, Liverpool and Lancaster (all like AAB-ABB). Just go for whatever you like best, as you will get offers from most of them and won't put the bottom choice as firm or insurance anyway it doesn't help you to have a lower uni on there as it won't form part of your final choices.
Reply 4
Original post by pamplemousse.
I have A*A*A predicted and am applying to Cambridge (A*AA), Leeds (AAB), Manchester, Liverpool and Lancaster (all like AAB-ABB). Just go for whatever you like best, as you will get offers from most of them and won't put the bottom choice as firm or insurance anyway it doesn't help you to have a lower uni on there as it won't form part of your final choices.

Okay thank you!

Yeah I think I am going to go for Durham!

Good luck with your application :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by SammyL24
Okay thank you!

Yeah I think I am going to go for Durham!

Good luck with your application :smile:

83% offer rate:
http://university.which.co.uk/durham-university-d86/psychology-3-years-9000-c800-24493

:thumbsup:
Reply 6

That's a lot higher than I thought!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending