The Student Room Group

I'm anxious about shared bathroom

I found my sister's diary and she wrote about uni a lot, especially bathrooms. She wrote that sharing it with 5 other people was an absolute nightmare. She had only a few minutes to take a dump and shower, while a biggilion people was knocking asking if she's done. Also, the scent was unbearable, according to her. Is it always like this in shared bathrooms?
Original post by RosesAreRed1
I found my sister's diary and she wrote about uni a lot, especially bathrooms. She wrote that sharing it with 5 other people was an absolute nightmare. She had only a few minutes to take a dump and shower, while a biggilion people was knocking asking if she's done. Also, the scent was unbearable, according to her. Is it always like this in shared bathrooms?

:redface:
I woke up at 5am customarily and used the bathroom before anyone else to avoid superfluous delays.
It depends on the people you are living with, but I can relate to what your sister reported. A lot of University students are unclean, lazy and irresponsible...especially first year students!
Brace yourself!
it's not always like that at all... whether or not the toilet is kept clean depends on your flatmates, some people will happily chuck some bleach in regularly and other will puke everywhere after a night out and not clean up... but the majority fo people I know haven't had any major issues at all, remember everyone has to use the toilet so it's not in their interests for it to be gross either

as for timings... with 5 people it really shouldn't be an issue, you work out schedules to work around each other pretty quickly and if there's a rush in the morning just switch to evening showers - it's no big deal

I didn't have any issue sharing the bathroom except for who bought what toilet paper... which was easily solved by buying my own

Quick Reply

Latest