The Student Room Group

Are Beats by Dre really that bad?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fksociety
Lol, just because you cant afford one doesnt mean you can hate on it. I have an xps 13 and a pro 13 and my pro is much better thank you very much.

You are greatly mistaken if you think I cannot afford one. I am just not stupid enough to waste my money.
Original post by AperfectBalance
You are greatly mistaken if you think I cannot afford one. I am just not stupid enough to waste my money.

Suit yourself. You're entitled to your opinion, even if you're just jumping on the hate macbook bandwagon
Original post by HopelessMedic
I'm looking to get a pair of over ear headphones after my beats solos broke recently. I had them for about 2 years and was really pleased so naturally I want to get another new pair. But after looking online it seems people are very against them. I know they are over priced due to the brand, but I don't know any other headphones that have as good quality or comfort. Any suggestions?

Beats by Dre - A very expensive necklace worn by troglodytes who think random blurts of bass notes is music. Made of plastic and prone to snapping when actually used, they are considered useless for listening to music made by actual musicians. The fact you see them ever so "subtly" advertised in every popular music video of the past two years should be enough to prove they're nothing more than a branded fashion accessory.

Get something like these Audio-Technica ATH-M50xs or similar if you want a smaller headphone, they're far far better and not too expensive. They're also very robust, sturdy and portable. Not to mention they come with 3 different types of headphone cord.
Suit yourself. You're entitled to your opinion, even if you're just jumping on the hate macbook bandwagon

No i am quite justified in disliking apple and the mac. not just jumping on a bandwagon, disliking something does not mean you are on a bandwagon
I'd advise bose headphones
and I have had beats earphones which broke after about 6 months
Original post by AperfectBalance
No i am quite justified in disliking apple and the mac. not just jumping on a bandwagon, disliking something does not mean you are on a bandwagon

Your points are wrong though. It isnt flimsy at all, idk where you got that from. Overpriced is an opinion, which you havent justified and for the quality, it is not overpriced at all. It is very good quality, and given that its competitors are in a very similar price bracket, you cant possible say its bad quality.

I know you dont actually know much about the macbook, and yes, you are very much jumping on a bandwagon
Yes, they really are a waste of money.
http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2015/07/28/if-you-read-this-review-and-still-buy-beats-headphones-youre-an-idiot/
In particular I draw your attention to the figure entitled "Why you're a moron for buying/considering Beats by Dre".
Your points are wrong though. It isnt flimsy at all, idk where you got that from. Overpriced is an opinion, which you havent justified and for the quality, it is not overpriced at all. It is very good quality, and given that its competitors are in a very similar price bracket, you cant possible say its bad quality.

I know you dont actually know much about the macbook, and yes, you are very much jumping on a bandwagon

It is rather flimsy and replacing parts or upgrading is near suicide.

Overpriced is not a opinion. You are paying £800+ for a logo and brand hype.
Sure there are some other laptops in that range but they mostly have something really special or are hi spec. apple is not really high spec.

It is not great quality and you can get far far better for cheaper.

my hatered is disliked
Did he ever give us a budget? Bit pointless recommending £200 heapdhones if his budget is £30-50. Not all Sennheiser are good. He needs to but some appropriate ones for his budghet, intended use and take into account his source.
Original post by 999tigger
Did he ever give us a budget? Bit pointless recommending £200 heapdhones if his budget is £30-50. Not all Sennheiser are good. He needs to but some appropriate ones for his budghet, intended use and take into account his source.

Sorry my bad I forgot the budget. Around £150 but I'd go to £200 if there was one that stood out
Sorry my bad I forgot the budget. Around £150 but I'd go to £200 if there was one that stood out

Post edited automatically
For around £150: Audio Technica ATH-MSR7
For around £200: Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Wired

To answer the question in the thread title, Beats aren't quite as bad as their reputation anymore, they've made some big improvements in their recent Solo and Studio releases. However the old models were all, without exception, garbage and the newer, better models are still inferior to similarly priced pairs from other brands.

The two pairs I've linked to above are both excellent for a sealed, portable headphone. I would say stretching for the Momentums is well worth the extra £30.
(edited 7 years ago)

Honestly i'd read the reviews, then visit some of the reputable hi fi shops and trust your ears. The other advantage is you can also test them for things like comfort and weight, plus you get to see things like construction quality.

Imo you will most likely get something as good or a lot better for less money. If you know the model you want then ebay isnt bad if you have patience.
Original post by Wilfred Little

:hat2:
When apple bought out beats that's when it went downhill.
I brought the solos and the blue tooth were ****e and one of the ears went.
My brothers was flimsy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending