The Student Room Group

Motives for killing someone??

I'm writing a book and I need to think of a good motive other than the main one (Because they are psychopathic serial killers) for killing a girl. I want this specific murder to be a personal one but what are some personal motives for murdering someone? What could make a psychopath so angry that they would want to personally murder this one person??

Scroll to see replies

Touching my car windows and leaving greasy fingerprints.
Original post by bluemadhatter
I'm writing a book and I need to think of a good motive other than the main one (Because they are psychopathic serial killers) for killing a girl. I want this specific murder to be a personal one but what are some personal motives for murdering someone? What could make a psychopath so angry that they would want to personally murder this one person??

again I swore this was you before clicking.
It's about that time for a bluemadhatter post :biggrin:

Anyway plot development...character development...

if you want to seriously seriously write about this stuff

you're gonna have to take time to study actual cases.

Then creating scenarios becomes second nature. If you wanna play with that dark side of the mind go for it but it kinda consumes you after a while. Just a warnin.

From cases I know of,
one could be:

the guy was sexually abused while a kid
by his mum's series of horrible boyfriends, then his mum joined in..
and he adopted a proclivity for sexual gore...

>_>
This:
[video="youtube;cISYzA36-ZY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cISYzA36-ZY[/video]
Or getting reservation at Dorsia on Friday Night
Original post by 0to100
again I swore this was you before clicking.
It's about that time for a bluemadhatter post :biggrin:

HOW :rofl:

Original post by 0to100
Anyway plot development...character development...

if you want to seriously seriously write about this stuff

you're gonna have to take time to study actual cases.

Then creating scenarios becomes second nature. If you wanna play with that dark side of the mind go for it but it kinda consumes you after a while. Just a warnin.

From cases I know of,
one could be:

the guy was sexually abused while a kid
by his mum's series of horrible boyfriends, then his mum joined in..
and he adopted a proclivity for sexual gore...

>_>

That's a great idea, I have an excuse to binge watch SVU AGAIN :awesome:

I already have the murder scene all played out because I kinda already lived it through a dream I had. It was very detailed and very gory and very dark. Just in the dream, my villains were Chinese Mafias and the murder victim was the leaders ex however I'm setting my book in London so it seems kinda unrealistic that a Chinese Mafia just happen to be in London. So now I kinda have to find a new villain since unfortunately London do not have Mafia's and a street gang is just not classy enough.
Original post by HANNAHBENLOLO
This:
[video="youtube;cISYzA36-ZY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cISYzA36-ZY[/video]
Or getting reservation at Dorsia on Friday Night

who's your dp?
The classic:

The victim broke your heart.
Some people are simply sadistic
HOW :rofl:

That's a great idea, I have an excuse to binge watch SVU AGAIN :awesome:

I already have the murder scene all played out because I kinda already lived it through a dream I had. It was very detailed and very gory and very dark. Just in the dream, my villains were Chinese Mafias and the murder victim was the leaders ex however I'm setting my book in London so it seems kinda unrealistic that a Chinese Mafia just happen to be in London. So now I kinda have to find a new villain since unfortunately London do not have Mafia's and a street gang is just not classy enough.

it's the chinese mafia

its evrywhere, hence mafia lol

you can certainly connect it

like smuggling/trafficking a person or item from China

winds up in London

happens all the time

:yy:

I even saw one film

called One Child

well it's a mini series.

If you know Cho Chang from Harry Potter
lol she was an adoptee from China in England here
and her family back in China was involved in this tragedy involving an undeserved death sentence
and the rich chinese son studied in UK and stuff

also Air China

goes straight from Beijing to London

so it could always happen thats why I say you gotta study ****.
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
The classic:

Spoiler

That's what my initial motive was but now I'm thinking would such a ruthless coldhearted psychopath be able to have their heart broken in the first place?
*katie leung=cho chang, her character in One Child was an adoptee not her actual self

:yy: lol
That's what my initial motive was but now I'm thinking would such a ruthless coldhearted psychopath be able to have their heart broken in the first place?

its a psychopath not a sociopath

most serial killers are sociopaths

because sociopaths dont give a **** and routinely plan lookalike murders for pleasure or disconnection to human emotion

psychopath snap and do something horrible just the once...they couldve been normal, and then had their heart broken. And snapped...
Original post by 0to100
it's the chinese mafia

its evrywhere, hence mafia lol

you can certainly connect it

like smuggling/trafficking a person or item from China

winds up in London

happens all the time

:yy:

I even saw one film

called One Child

well it's a mini series.

If you know Cho Chang from Harry Potter
lol she was an adoptee from China in England here
and her family back in China was involved in this tragedy involving an undeserved death sentence
and the rich chinese son studied in UK and stuff

also Air China

goes straight from Beijing to London

so it could always happen thats why I say you gotta study ****.

Okay thank you :hugs: Instead of dismissing my original idea of Chinese Mafia's because it might be too "difficult" to accommodate - I am going to do some more research to understand and make it fit. And I'm just about to start watching One Child cause it looks interesting and will help with my research so thanks for the recommendation. And even if I find I want to change my villain, I'll study some "Mafia type" UK cases.

Thanks again :h:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 14
Go with a sexual motive (Which is why serial killers kill (not counting people with psychosis) , there's always a sexual element, don't mix up spree killers and serial killers.)

The woman could be a vulnerable victim e.g a prostitute, or someone who relies on care. And she could fit his type, example being having long brown hair that's parted down the middle.

As for why he kills, he could be a necrophiliac. And enjoys the power he has over them, an example of this could be dressing the body up after death. Or it you want someone who's sadistic, then that would be all about torture.

To say someone kills because they're a psychopath would be wrong.
Curiosity
Make the woman be the killer for ONCE
Make her sadistic and emotionless
Original post by Scott.
Go with a sexual motive (Which is why serial killers kill (not counting people with psychosis) , there's always a sexual element, don't mix up spree killers and serial killers.)

The woman could be a vulnerable victim e.g a prostitute, or someone who relies on care. And she could fit his type, example being having long brown hair that's parted down the middle.

As for why he kills, he could be a necrophiliac. And enjoys the power he has over them, an example of this could be dressing the body up after death. Or it you want someone who's sadistic, then that would be all about torture.

To say someone kills because they're a psychopath would be wrong.

I know that hence why I needed the killer to be a person with a motive who just happens to be a psychopath and likes to kill. I like the idea of there being a pattern in his killings, but I'm not sure about a vulnerable victim because I really wanted her to be a rich kid. Although I guess it means I would have to carry about a MUCH larger investigation and add way more detail to it because their family would have money to investigate for years even.
Reply 18
I know that hence why I needed the killer to be a person with a motive who just happens to be a psychopath and likes to kill. I like the idea of there being a pattern in his killings, but I'm not sure about a vulnerable victim because I really wanted her to be a rich kid. Although I guess it means I would have to carry about a MUCH larger investigation and add way more detail to it because their family would have money to investigate for years even.

What about if she was a rich cougar, and our killer has a thing for them.

The women could be married, and the killer could be their secret lover. They could be killed in horrific ways, and the reason he kills them is because he cdidn't have the guts to kill his domineering mother who would constantly put him down. Could even incorporate Schizophrenia into it, and he could believe that the voice of God is telling him to kill women as they're possessed by Daemons.
Okay thank you :hugs: Instead of dismissing my original idea of Chinese Mafia's because it might be too "difficult" to accommodate - I am going to do some more research to understand and make it fit. And I'm just about to start watching One Child cause it looks interesting and will help with my research so thanks for the recommendation. And even if I find I want to change my villain, I'll study some "Mafia type" UK cases.

Thanks again :h:

lol np

Sheriff 0to100 is always here to help (tips hat)
lmao

Quick Reply

Latest