The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IRoranth

Any ideas?

Bristol or Bath.
Reply 261
I applied to Imperial ,Edinburgh, Oxford, Warwick and UCL (to study biological science). I have already sent my application. I was ecstatic today. I thought that I might receive an offer from Warwick but apparently this year they'll start sending their offers later compared to the last 2 years. I have that feeling that I might not receive any offers till January. Warwick would boost my confidence.
I have not even received a confirmation from any UNI expect Edinburgh,
Original post by BioOx
I applied to Imperial ,Edinburgh, Oxford, Warwick and UCL (to study biological science). I have already sent my application. I was ecstatic today. I thought that I might receive an offer from Warwick but apparently this year they'll start sending their offers later compared to the last 2 years. I have that feeling that I might not receive any offers till January. Warwick would boost my confidence.
I have not even received a confirmation from any UNI expect Edinburgh,

I haven't had confirmation from Oxford, Imperial or Warwick either so I guess they're not sending out emails at all.

Shame Warwick haven't been as quick this year - I was looking forward to getting a quick reply after reading stories on here!
Original post by returnmigrant
Bristol or Bath.

I was thinking about Bath!

Is it nice there, how is it? Diverse? Lots to do? Campus or city-like?

I don't really like the course at Bristol, but thanks for the recommendation!

:biggrin:

Bath Uni is a modern campus Uni on a big leafy site. Its a great place to be a student - and has a very cosy, villagey feel.
Its the training base for some of TeamGB - so sports facilities are excellent.

Bath the city is stunningly beautiful (World Heritage city) and its close to Bristol and has a good train link to London etc. Bath is 'arty', so lots of music, theatre and all sorts of festivals. And lots of little pubs, cafes etc. You Tube film about the Uni : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQNvBifBiSI

I don't really like the course at Bristol, but thanks for the recommendation!

:biggrin:

I don't know much about the courses at Bath but it's the nearest uni to where I live and I've been there lots on school trips for taster days/lectures etc. and I have to say it's absolutely gorgeous. If you've looked at Exeter, it's very similar! Campus is amazing and the city is incredible (old architecture but very modern, lots and lots of shops and cultural activities.)I would definitely be applying there if it weren't for the fact that I live so close (I'm dying to get away and explore some more of this country!)
Reply 266
Where will Warwick announce that they are sending offers. Someone on this thread said that they did announce (for the third of October)
Do all unis send an email of confirmation or no?:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 268
The majority of them. (90%)
how much of an effect do predicted grades have on your offer and do teachers send references off by themselves or do they give them you? im a noob at this :biggrin:
Original post by not_lucas1
how much of an effect do predicted grades have on your offer and do teachers send references off by themselves or do they give them you? im a noob at this :biggrin:

Depends on the uni/department in particular and they send it off themselves.
Original post by TheRandomGenius
Depends on the uni/department in particular and they send it off themselves.

are predicted grades usually 1 higher than as grades?
Original post by not_lucas1
are predicted grades usually 1 higher than as grades?

Not in my school, no. I got AAAA at AS and was predicted 3A* 1A rather than 4A* - however, for many of the subjects in my school, only the top 5/6 students were predicted an A*, meaning that some people with AAAB at AS ended up with an average AAA prediction.
Bristol reply very quickly. I know 3 people who have already applied there and got offers within a day (one of them got an offer in 5 hours of the university sending a confirmation). I applied 3 weeks ago to Loughborough, Surrey, Nottingham Trent, Southampton Solent and Kent for Sport and Exercise Science and I have only had confirmations from Loughborough and Surrey. (Although I've had an email saying welcome to Loughborough but I haven't had an offer yet) Surrey is a fantastic uni, its outside Guildford so it is close to the town, it has 2 campuses that aren't that far apart, and there is a nightclub on campus if you don't want to go into town (I haven't researched the nightlife too much as I'm not really interested in it) its very modern, and genuinely just a beautiful campus. Same with Loughborough, its single site campus, obviously the sports facilities are outstanding, the accomodation is great and all the buildings are very modern.
Original post by sarskinz
I'm probably going to be predicted the same lol, or even worse BBC or BCC:frown:

I got predicted A*A*A, sent my application in 3 weeks ago and still no offers :-( My friend who is predicted AAA got an offer from a Russell Group uni in a day. And she only put in her application last week
Yeah, so my first choice is of course Warwick! Love it too much lol.
But my other choices are Nottingham, Kings College London, Birmingham and another one I haven't thought of yet.
I might get rid of Kings and apply elsewhere though, because I really don't want to stay in London.
Any ideas?

I purposely aimed for outside london as I didn't want to worry about money/cost of living ect. Warwick is also my first choice! Course at Durham is excellent I read through the modules and it's so interesting same with York and Exeter (also top 8 or something lol) trying to stay away from BSc courses as I'm not a political scientist and find data uninteresting. bristol is BSc instead of BA which makes me unsure but I've heard so many good things! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sent my application on Monday, responses so far are as follow:

Exeter: Sent me an email thanking me for my application on Tuesday morning, said they will get back to me "as soon as [they] can"

Birmingham: Sent me an email thanking me for my application on Tuesday late morning, said that they will endeavour to get back to me "within 15 working days"

Southampton: Sent me an email thanking me for my application on Wednesday morning, said that they will "be in touch shortly"

Oxford: Sent me an email acknowledging my application on Wednesday afternoon, reminded me to take the admissions test and told me I'll get more details soon
Warwick: nothing yet
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Legendary Quest
Oh that makes sense. That is tough then. Are you happy with the British unis? I like the idea of staying here but I'll probably regret it in the long term lol

Nottingham, Queen Mary, Leeds, Loughborough and maybe Manchester :tongue:

I'm applying to Loughborough too!!!!! What course are you applying for?
Original post by metrize
Bristol bath Cambridge imperial and Loughborough anyone?

I've applied to Loughborough for Sport and Exercise Science! I've had an email saying welcome to Loughborough and an acknowledgment but no offer yet. (I put my application in on the 13th)
Well at least oxford acknowledge quickly that's from yesterday or the day before not that it matters as until the exam. That's the first of the two places

Latest

Trending

Trending