The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by iEthan
:jumphug: xxxx

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Huge hugs for all who need them. Have slid again and dissociated really badly at uni and had to quickly remove myself from the campus :emo: So not able to support anyone today, but thoughts are with you all :grouphugs:

:loveduck: x
Original post by Noodlzzz
Had to decide if I wanted the uni to tell my lecturers and tutors about my mental health diagnosis (schizophrenia) and being a small course they will know who I am. I was brave and ticked yes to letting them know! Being a clinical psychology course I'm hoping they won't be prejudice or treat me differently (in a bad way)

If they did it would be breaking the law. When you tick that box, you become protected by the equal opportunities act.

Understand your worries though. Last week sat with student services whilst they read through my trauma history with all my diagnoses and first response was "we'll put you down as having anxiety and depression" 🙄 Erm no you won't because that doesn't describe my mental illness at all. Ive also found that people tend to be more accommodating when they know the proper dx and not the sugar coated let's not label you version. Anxiety and depression hardly explains how one minute I can appear fine and the next I'm in child part or completely zoned out because I'm triggered 😡

Also wanted to say that I trained as a therapist with my dx and I'm on psychology degree. You should be fine. I've also been speaking to practising clin psychologist about my dclinpsy aspirations and they see no issue with dx as long as safe to practice at the time.
(edited 7 years ago)
Huge hugs for all who need them. Have slid again and dissociated really badly at uni and had to quickly remove myself from the campus :emo: So not able to support anyone today, but thoughts are with you all :grouphugs:

Hugs x sorry you had a bad day. glad you were able to get somewhere safe
I went to the reception for student wellbeing at uni, and got sent elsewhere... and the other desk was closed. I then called their number, and got told the number had changed. I called the new number and got referred to the old one ._.

This is absolutely ridiculous; it shouldn't be so difficult to find the contact point for mental health.
Hei, just wanted to say "Hello"! I am fine, loads of nice people around me, but also loads to do and thus often too tired to stop by. Hope all of you are fine and/or getting better! Big hugs!
Getting worse again :emo:

Original post by Nathanielle
Hei, just wanted to say "Hello"! I am fine, loads of nice people around me, but also loads to do and thus often too tired to stop by. Hope all of you are fine and/or getting better! Big hugs!

:hi:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Getting worse again :emo:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is there anything I can do to help?
Original post by ~Tara~
Is there anything I can do to help?

Sadly, no - just a matter of sitting it out :frown:
Sitting with you then :smile: I won't come too close because of the germs I have 😷
Original post by ~Tara~
Sitting with you then :smile: I won't come too close because of the germs I have 😷

Gonna have to phone my hospital at this rate :emo:
Well I may have given you the flu yet, don't thank me too soon 😉

There's no shame in needing the hospital. Always better to seek help when we are best able to utilise it. Faster recovery too. I have to remind myself of this premise fairly often but one that's worth reminding
Original post by ~Tara~
Well I may have given you the flu yet, don't thank me too soon 😉

There's no shame in needing the hospital. Always better to seek help when we are best able to utilise it. Faster recovery too. I have to remind myself of this premise fairly often but one that's worth reminding

Waiting for my therapist to phone me back - they couldn't find her in the hospital. Maybe she's not working today or as it the other hospital :ninja:
Feeling a bit more positive after a horrendous weekend. :h:
Original post by Ezme39
I went to the reception for student wellbeing at uni, and got sent elsewhere... and the other desk was closed. I then called their number, and got told the number had changed. I called the new number and got referred to the old one ._.

This is absolutely ridiculous; it shouldn't be so difficult to find the contact point for mental health.

That is rediculous. Totally unacceptable. :hugs:
Waiting for my therapist to phone me back - they couldn't find her in the hospital. Maybe she's not working today or as it the other hospital :ninja:

Well done you :smile: I hope they've managed to find her since you posted x

Am around if can help at all. :lovehug:
Original post by ~Tara~
Well done you :smile: I hope they've managed to find her since you posted x

Original post by sherbet_lemons7
Am around if can help at all. :lovehug:

Thanks both :hugs: No word from her yet. Still plenty of hours left though :redface: If not, I'm seeing her tomorrow anyway :yes:

Barricading myself indoors til tomorrow's appt :redface:
Thanks both :hugs: No word from her yet. Still plenty of hours left though :redface: If not, I'm seeing her tomorrow anyway :yes:

Barricading myself indoors til tomorrow's appt :redface:

Blanket fort and hot choc and All of the Nice Things. :loveduck:
Original post by sherbet_lemons7
Blanket fort and hot choc and All of the Nice Things. :loveduck:

:kissing2:
can i go...:cry2:

Latest