The Student Room Group

The Arsenal Thread XXV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by James.Carnell
That makes the victory sweeter.

Besides I am not worried about us, if Man Utd won in such a manner people would be saying how they are amazing and that it is Fergie time.

I don't understand why that's sweeter?

I'd rather my team play well and win legitimately tbh...
At Preston station and Ozil walks right past me. Bottled asking him for a selfie. Want to die.
Original post by Lúcio
I don't understand why that's sweeter?

I'd rather my team play well and win legitimately tbh...

Because it winds you up. :smile:
Because it winds you up. :smile:

U mad we're on same points?

Although probably not for long :frown:
We really missed Giroud tbh, he loves these types of games.

Btw, how good does Michael Keane look?! Would not mind offloading Chambers and bringing Keane in.

Yep, exactly his type of game.. away game against oposition sitting back. Would have put money on him scoring a cheeky headed brace before disapearing again in the next big game. We really need a plan C at the moment, if plan A - walk it through their defense, is not working, and plan B - smack it to giroud cant happen.. what do we do after?*

He did look decent. Shame his chance at scoring hit the post (for his sake.. for us I am delighted) *
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
At Preston station and Ozil walks right past me. Bottled asking him for a selfie. Want to die.

If you asked for a selfie you'd lose any of your perceived moral highground against the rest of our twitter fans.

"E-e-excuse m-me M-mesut, c-c-can I have a s-selfie p-please mate?"
Original post by leinad2012
If you asked for a selfie you'd lose any of your perceived moral highground against the rest of our twitter fans.

"E-e-excuse m-me M-mesut, c-c-can I have a s-selfie p-please mate?"

I don't even care man. It's Ozil. Going to haunt me for the rest of my life this.
I'm a little mad nobody noticed my subtle dig about those 2 points being the difference between 4th and 5th this season :frown:

P.S: if anybody wants easy rep, just reply saying "we noticed but...*insert appropriate insult*"
Double points if you're female
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by atom y humber
Just like everything that goes over your head. I guess I have to let you know. You words means **** so unjust read them and ignore them.

Imagine calling someone dyslexic and getting hurt by insults. FYI my words are not insults. They're truths.

I'm unfortunately not surprised that someone who is so depressed that they use forums to posture and use dyslexic insults has literally replied to someone informing them "I'm not reading further". (I'm assuming this reply doesn't contain an apology and is just more posturing.)

Original post by SA-1
Haven't kept up with this debate so I don't know what's been said, but do you think RVP was more influential or better than Bergkamp?

I prefer Arsenal RVP to Arsenal Bergkamp. As I recall, he also has the better stats.

There wasn't a debate though. I just mentioned how there were only 2 positions that aren't obvious in a 'Wenger XI', one of them being one of the strikers (if you have more than one/Henry) - either Bergkamp or RVP, and I chose RVP. Cue one person getting super upset and crazy on a student forum about a sport business (see above).

But I've realised Arsenal fans don't like RVP any more because he left (how dare he), hence the overreaction and upset, so I get it. I forgot how the stereotypical football fan's mind works and the logic they use.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 909
Original post by ozzyoscy
I'm unfortunately not surprised that someone who is so depressed that they use forums to posture and use dyslexic insults has literally replied to someone informing them "I'm not reading further". (I'm assuming this reply doesn't contain an apology and is just more posturing.)

I prefer Arsenal RVP to Arsenal Bergkamp. As I recall, he also has the better stats.

There wasn't a debate though. I just mentioned how there were only 2 positions that aren't obvious in a 'Wenger XI', one of them being one of the strikers (if you have more than one/Henry) - either Bergkamp or RVP, and I chose RVP. Cue one person getting super upset and crazy on a student forum about a sport business (see above).

But I've realised Arsenal fans don't like RVP any more because he left (how dare he), hence the overreaction and upset, so I get it. I forgot how the stereotypical football fan's mind works and the logic they use.

And how old are you, if you don't mind me asking?
last nights win was luck
Original post by SA-1
And how old are you, if you don't mind me asking?

Yes, I was old enough to have seen Bergkamp during his time at Arsenal.

If you disagree and are compelled to tell me, just say "I disagree" and expand. If you're legitimately intrigued and want to know why I hold a view, just ask me (though I kinda already answered). I don't think any of this matters though nor what would be gained by informing each other that we have a different view.
We're owned by a yank, we'll get beaten by a yank. Swansea's new coach. After all they didn't leave the emirates with nothing in the last four seasons. Make it five.
Reply 913
Original post by shawn_o1
We're owned by a yank, we'll get beaten by a yank. Swansea's new coach. After all they didn't leave the emirates with nothing in the last four seasons. Make it five.

Are you okay? Seriously. It seems like you have some serious issues?
Reply 914
Yes, I was old enough to have seen Bergkamp during his time at Arsenal.

If you disagree and are compelled to tell me, just say "I disagree" and expand. If you're legitimately intrigued and want to know why I hold a view, just ask me (though I kinda already answered). I don't think any of this matters though nor what would be gained by informing each other that we have a different view.

:rofl: why are you teaching me how to debate?

I just find it to be a strange comparison because we're talking about Wenger's best team, and it's quite clear that an Henry - Bergkamp partnership is more effective.

Bergkamp wasn't even played as RVP was, Bergkamp was much more of a created with the occasional goals - its no wonder that RVP will have better stats?

Henry has said himself that Bergkamp is the best player he's ever played with, and RVP had a bit in Bergkamp'a book where he spoke about what he thought of him.

Also - just wanted to add that Bergkamp was at Arsenal between 1995-2006. It means that, unless you're in your thirties, you'd have watched Bergkamp with a completely different footballing mindset than when you watched RVP's two good seasons at Arsenal. When we won the double during the invincible season, he was around 35.. so the memories that you might have of him might not exactly be a true reflection of how good he actually was. Whereas I'm sure that you watched RVP during the peak of his career.
(edited 7 years ago)
Nah the only issue here is all the delusion from you fans that we'll win the league. Not anytime soon under the old senile pensioner who injures players when we most need them, who gets new bogey fixtures every season, who feeds the money making machines from the corporate cesspool that is the Emirates. And AFTV.
I'm the only realist when I say the only way is down.

True, perhaps all my "gibberish" is having the desired effect of the team not losing since August, but when we do (against predictable opponents), who the heck is surprised?!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 916
:wink:

Is this meant to be an insult because frankly it's biggest cry for help I've ever read.

Don't do some crazy **** like Stan.
Original post by SA-1
:rofl: why are you teaching me how to debate?

I just find it to be a strange comparison because we're talking about Wenger's best team, and it's quite clear that an Henry - Bergkamp partnership is more effective.

Bergkamp wasn't even played as RVP was, Bergkamp was much more of a created with the occasional goals - its no wonder that RVP will have better stats?

Henry has said himself that Bergkamp is the best player he's ever played with, and RVP had a bit in Bergkamp'a book where he spoke about what he thought of him.

Also - just wanted to add that Bergkamp was at Arsenal between 1995-2006. It means that, unless you're in your thirties, you'd have watched Bergkamp with a completely different footballing mindset than when you watched RVP's two good seasons at Arsenal. When we won the double during the invincible season, he was around 35.. so the memories that you might have of him might not exactly be a true reflection of how good he actually was. Whereas I'm sure that you watched RVP during the peak of his career.

This is a confusing opening sentence... we haven't debated anything, and teaching someone how to debate sounds weird.

You'd informed me you disagree with my preference, what is there to debate? I don't know why you informed me at all, it's no relevance to me, I don't mean that in an insulting way. Someone thinking different to you shouldn't make you annoyed.

I'm assuming the rest is a long argument, given its length, provocative opening and that you spent the whole day editing it. So given that and somehow I'm still getting quote notifications from the 'atom' account, I'll let this be my last comment on this peculiar event.
(edited 7 years ago)
We'll win the league. Quote me. I am confident that this is our year.

Quick Reply

Latest