The Student Room Group

Course choices: Maths or Robotics.

I didn't know where to post this, so I'm either thinking of doing maths or robotics and I can't decide. I need some information from students doing a robotics or maths degree and what each course is like. Do you need knowledge prior to starting to a robotics course? What are some of the career options available for each degree? And last of all, do you recommend the course for me and why?

And thanks in advance for any replies. I appreciate it^^
Original post by IRuphire
I didn't know where to post this, so I'm either thinking of doing maths or robotics and I can't decide. I need some information from students doing a robotics or maths degree and what each course is like. Do you need knowledge prior to starting to a robotics course? What are some of the career options available for each degree? And last of all, do you recommend the course for me and why?

And thanks in advance for any replies. I appreciate it^^

Maths is probably a lot different to what you've seen before, analysis and algebra aren't to everyone's tastes. Though the more applied side of things can be quite interesting, generally maths is quite a challenging degree but the stuff (particularly coding/modelling/probability/stats etc) can be quite useful and get you to a fair few places in finance etc etc.

Not sure about Robotics but it sounds interesting :smile:
Reply 2
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I heard maths is a hard degree and completely different than A-level maths. I'm leaning towards robotics. Anyone doing robotics that can give me a general overview of it?
I did some robotics in my course it's pretty fun

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maths!! It will open a lot of doors
Original post by IRuphire
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I heard maths is a hard degree and completely different than A-level maths. I'm leaning towards robotics. Anyone doing robotics that can give me a general overview of it?

Robotics is probably more electrical and mechanical engineering, with a bit of computer science, than maths.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending