The Student Room Group

Are you meant to ask a girl out on a date quickly?

Yeah my plan is talk to her if convo goes well I ask for her number and ask if i can have dinner with her?

Good idea?
Depends on the context I suppose.
Reply 2
Original post by Elastichedgehog
Depends on the context I suppose.

I need something to do fot my birthday :biggrin:
Original post by Anonymous

As in how do you know her? :smile: Is she already a friend or what. I see now harm in asking if she would be up for doing something with you for your birthday though.

Good luck man :biggrin:
Reply 4

Do it then. Ask her if she wants to go for drinks with you.
Yeah my plan is talk to her if convo goes well I ask for her number and ask if i can have dinner with her?

Good idea?

I mean dinner is quite fancy and formal, you could go to the cinema? or something lighter and more fun?
Reply 6
Original post by IgnoreMyName
I mean dinner is quite fancy and formal, you could go to the cinema? or something lighter and more fun?

I didnt mean siper fancy dinner, something like nandos is what i.meant.

The thing is my birthday is on a weekday (school) so cant really cinema should I do.something weekend instead?
I didnt mean siper fancy dinner, something like nandos is what i.meant.

The thing is my birthday is on a weekday (school) so cant really cinema should I do.something weekend instead?

I'd go for the weekend if i was you and spend time with your family for your birthday, because then you have more time and flexibility on what you wanna do, (and you'll seem like a nice family guy as well)
>yes<
or at least you're not meant to leave it way too late
basically, if you hit it off instantly, you must take some action equally as instanty, as I have stupidly not done in the past
if your relationship builds up a bit more slowly, then take action slower in accordance with that
if there's no spark and you just like them for their looks, then honestly I have no advice - you might want to get to know them but if there's no spark then you'll have trouble convincing them to see things from that view. and if you're not stunning yourself, even if you *did* hit it off, it might be difficult convincing them anyway.
so essentially what I'm telling you is to never try and just stick to cheap whores like me, because they *do* exist, and they're less rare than you think
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sleepysnooze
>yes<
or at least you're not meant to leave it way too late
basically, if you hit it off instantly, you must take some action equally as instanty, as I have stupidly not done in the past
if your relationship builds up a bit more slowly, then take action slower in accordance with that
if there's no spark and you just like them for their looks, then honestly I have no advice - you might want to get to know them but if there's no spark then you'll have trouble convincing them to see things from that view. and if you're not stunning yourself, even if you *did* hit it off, it might be difficult convincing them anyway.
so essentially what I'm telling you is to never try and just stick to cheap whores like me, because they *do* exist, and they're less rare than you think

This sounded pretty legit until you dived head first into the void at the end.
>OP - in general if you meet a girl and you click and there is good banter etc. then yes, if you want to ask her out, you should not wait around you should ask her out. However, being that it is your birthday that is a lot of pressure. You're going to really want her to say yes (pressure on you) and if you tell her its your birthday that could feel 'too fast' for her (pressure). So, I would say, yes, talk to her and if the conversation goes well get her number but ask her to meet for coffee/tea casually on your actual weekday bday. Maybe don't even let her know it's your birthday, unless you are really clicking. Then if the coffee/tea continues to go well then ask her to go to Nandos on the weekend.
I hope it all works the way you want it to! And.... Happy Birthday, early. Good Luck!
On average, asking her out at the three week of knowing her mark is the best way, keep it friendly before then and then make the move at the three week mark if you think you like her. Good luck!
I think if there is a initial connection during conversation then its best to ask early on because you are making your intentions clear from the start and if you leave it until too late then the person may lose interest.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
This sounded pretty legit until you dived head first into the void at the end.

legit advice either way
Original post by bluemadhatter
I think if there is a initial connection during conversation then its best to ask early on because you are making your intentions clear from the start and if you leave it until too late then the person may lose interest.

I still haven't been able to talk to her -.-, probably until monday. So I haven't ****ed up yet :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending