The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sk80gse
I finished mine and sent it on Saturday evening. 1st October. I did receive mine about half an hour after others by the looks of it.

Same time I sent mine off then. Still no email :frown:
Reply 81
I submitted my complete application on Thursday 29th Sept '16 and received my next stage email today at 17.05. From a reading of the candidate pack for this role, my understanding is that they will only read and score the second competency if the first competency has been scored at a 4 (out of 7) or higher. Then the candidates who are ranked the highest based on their two competency scores will be invited for an interview. Congrats to everyone who passed this stage!:smile:
I also had the e-mail. Don't know if it will put minds at ease for those who haven't heard yet, but I only got up to q23 on numeracy so there's definitely room for mistakes in there ( I did get them all right though!).

Good luck to anyone who hasn't heard yet and congratulations to those who are through to the next round.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 83
Original post by Jjubb84
I also had the e-mail. Don't know if it will put minds at ease for those who haven't heard yet, but I only got up to q23 on numeracy so there's definitely room for mistakes in there ( I did get them all right though!).

Good look to anyone who hasn't heard yet and congratulations to those who are through to the next round.

I only got to about number 25 on the numerical test and didn't answer two and guessed two. So I agree, that there is definitely room for error:smile: congrats by the way!:smile:
Reply 84
Original post by eripley
I only got to about number 25 on the numerical test and didn't answer two and guessed two. So I agree, that there is definitely room for error:smile: congrats by the way!:smile:

Basically the same here too, time was running out, I guessed a couple and got to number 25 so was surprised when the email said I was in the top scoring applicants.
I've had the email earlier on today too! I completed my app all on sunday evening. So my guess is everyone should be hearing back v.soon! :smile:
Reply 86
As an aside; I think we will here much sooner than 2 weeks if we get through competency sift as I'm sure I read interviews to start 20th October.
Thank you for your application for the role of Higher Officer Caseworker at HMRC.

You have met the minimum score in the online assessments; however you are not in the top scoring applications for your preferred location. We have therefore placed your application on hold.

You may be invited to progress your application at a later date. However this is dependent on the number of posts that may become available in your preferred location in the future. Alternatively, if further posts do not become available within three months, we may not be able to progress your application and your application may be withdrawn.

As detailed in the Candidate Information Pack, we have only been able to progress top scoring applications through to the next stage of the process. We have received an exceptionally high quantity and quality of applications for these roles.

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete an application. We will contact you within the next three months if we are able to progress your application.

If you would prefer to withdraw your application please email us
We are sorry that we cannot provide you with a more definitive outcome at this time.

Kind regards

HMRC Surge Resourcing Team

I got this email today. Does that mean I have literally no chance now? lol
Reply 88
Well done everyone!

I got the email, just need to sit and wait to hear about next stage eek!
Just got the good news :smile: Seems like pretty much everyone here has passed the tests!

Anyone have a link to the candidate pack? I didn't download it and now the link won't take me to it
Reply 90
What were the 4 competencies for the job?

Thanks
Reply 91
I received the same email, what location did you apply for
Reply 92
Original post by chickenandrice
Thank you for your application for the role of Higher Officer Caseworker at HMRC.

You have met the minimum score in the online assessments; however you are not in the top scoring applications for your preferred location. We have therefore placed your application on hold.

You may be invited to progress your application at a later date. However this is dependent on the number of posts that may become available in your preferred location in the future. Alternatively, if further posts do not become available within three months, we may not be able to progress your application and your application may be withdrawn.

As detailed in the Candidate Information Pack, we have only been able to progress top scoring applications through to the next stage of the process. We have received an exceptionally high quantity and quality of applications for these roles.

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete an application. We will contact you within the next three months if we are able to progress your application.

We are sorry that we cannot provide you with a more definitive outcome at this time.

Kind regards

I received the same email. Which location was your first choice
Reply 93
Original post by naszam
Are you internal or external?

internal. Wbu?
Reply 94
I am external and I applied for Liverpool. Hopefully they are taking on more than 5 after the interview process.. I do think my competencies will let me down however as it is hard to explain how I make effective decisions in my job within the 250 word limit
Reply 95
I got the next stage e-mail today too. I am external and feel my competencies will inevitably let me down. I work in banking and I work a complex process. I make many "effective decisions" on a daily basis but it is hard to generalise and explain effectively within the 250 word count. Nevertheless, fingers crossed. I applied for Liverpool and hopefully they have more than 5 vacancies here
Reply 96
Hi have u heard back from Hmrc yet
Reply 97
Original post by mimzie
Well done everyone!

I got the email, just need to sit and wait to hear about next stage eek!

Hi what exactly did the email say?
Reply 98
Original post by Ashhb
Hi what exactly did the email say?

"We are delighted to let you know that you are in the top scoring applications for the online tests. You have therefore reached the next stage of your application for the post of Higher Officer Caseworker.

Your application will now be placed with our independent panel that will assess and score the competency statement(s) provided in your application. We expect to start reviewing the competency statements shortly and provide you with an outcome within the next two weeks, if not sooner."

Have you heard anything? It sounds like not all of the emails are coming through at the same time.
Reply 99
Original post by chickenandrice

Kind regards

Hi when did you get that email??

Latest

Trending

Trending