The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

This is probably a stupid question, and I'm going to ask on Thurs (I have a whole list of questions!) but for those who are already in the jobs, what exams do they put you through? Is it the ATT / CTA / the one from MMU / something else in-house? I can't find any information anywhere about what (if any) qualifications you get.

I wish they'd be a bit more forthcoming with details of the actual job; so far I've had way more information off this board than anywhere else! And although I can find a little information on the internet, it's hard to say how accurate it is. Literally the only things I know are the job title, a basic overview of the job and the hours, the salary, and a vague location (London - are we talking central, Stratford, or Croydon?). From what I know it sounds really interesting and I'm looking forward to starting, assuming no surprises in my background checks, but I'd feel better if I had a bit more info...
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1761
Quick question about the health deceleration form, do you complete this yourself or get the doctor do this and also where do you send the form off as I haven't received an email address to send the form off to.
Original post by daj19
Quick question about the health deceleration form, do you complete this yourself or get the doctor do this and also where do you send the form off as I haven't received an email address to send the form off to.

Did you not get the notification for this via an email from the general noreply@civilservice address?, along with the instruction to complete next step.

If so re-read that email. as the link to send the completed form (which you complete by possibly providing gp details if consented to) is included within.
Original post by Lil Piranha
This is probably a stupid question, and I'm going to ask on Thurs (I have a whole list of questions!) but for those who are already in the jobs, what exams do they put you through? Is it the ATT / CTA / the one from MMU / something else in-house? I can't find any information anywhere about what (if any) qualifications you get.

I wish they'd be a bit more forthcoming with details of the actual job; so far I've had way more information off this board than anywhere else! And although I can find a little information on the internet, it's hard to say how accurate it is. Literally the only things I know are the job title, a basic overview of the job and the hours, the salary, and a vague location (London - are we talking central, Stratford, or Croydon?). From what I know it sounds really interesting and I'm looking forward to starting, assuming no surprises in my background checks, but I'd feel better if I had a bit more info...

I know exactly what you mean...I went to provide documents last week and from those locations it seems Croydon and Euston are the ones available for O grade (the recently advertised external HO did have Stratford and Croydon as locations).

I wanted to know about the training/qualifications as well' but felt it best to not push it!, getting to that stage seemed a tremendous feat of patience. However for some reason I dont think they put you in for full qualifications, but rather individual modules which best fit with your work (after all this isnt the grad scheme)....however this is mere speculation on my part... so good luck in questioning.

Just for the record are you O or HO and is this after not gaining the TSP Grad Programme?
Reply 1764
Anyone else heard back from Manpower re; the 042R (September) applications for the role?
Reply 1765
Original post by enterunsername
Did you not get the notification for this via an email from the general noreply@civilservice address?, along with the instruction to complete next step.

If so re-read that email. as the link to send the completed form (which you complete by possibly providing gp details if consented to) is included within.

Screen Shot 2016-10-05 at 17.56.09.png

This is the email I received so not sure what I should do about the health deceleration form.
Reply 1766
Original post by daj19

This is the email I received so not sure what I should do about the health deceleration form.

I got the same email but with this on the bottom.
Please see attached the Health declaration form, as part of your pre employment checks this needs to be completed and returned to [email protected]

Hope that helps
Original post by Cal139
I got the same email but with this on the bottom.
Please see attached the Health declaration form, as part of your pre employment checks this needs to be completed and returned to [email protected]

Hope that helps

What Location did you guys put down because i haven't got that yet?
Still waiting for some kind of response from manpower. I guess i sent an email accepting my provisional offer on 16/09/2016 and they did say upto 20 working days therefore i should hear back before 13/10/2016. Fingers crossed :smile:
Original post by gajman1987
Still waiting for some kind of response from manpower. I guess i sent an email accepting my provisional offer on 16/09/2016 and they did say upto 20 working days therefore i should hear back before 13/10/2016. Fingers crossed :smile:

Yea same
Reply 1770
Original post by Escapalda lamen
What Location did you guys put down because i haven't got that yet?

Liverpool
I know exactly what you mean...I went to provide documents last week and from those locations it seems Croydon and Euston are the ones available for O grade (the recently advertised external HO did have Stratford and Croydon as locations).

I wanted to know about the training/qualifications as well' but felt it best to not push it!, getting to that stage seemed a tremendous feat of patience. However for some reason I dont think they put you in for full qualifications, but rather individual modules which best fit with your work (after all this isnt the grad scheme)....however this is mere speculation on my part... so good luck in questioning.

Just for the record are you O or HO and is this after not gaining the TSP Grad Programme?

I'm O and yes, I originally applied to the graduate tax professional programme in December last year. You? I'll let you know if I get any answers tomorrow!
Original post by daj19

As 'Cal139' has stated (he/she beat me to it) this is the email address I received within the same general notification.
I recommend that if you send it to the address 'bsteam...' just outline clearly the situation (you know just in case)....it may not make a difference but at the bottom of my email it wasnt HMRC Recruitment Team (like yoours ) but CS Resourcing..... it could be that it is a different location etc.

Anyhow you are certainly closer than you were before you received the email, so that is progress .... and should be welcomed!
Original post by Lil Piranha
I'm O and yes, I originally applied to the graduate tax professional programme in December last year. You? I'll let you know if I get any answers tomorrow!

Yeah, exactly the same boat in the Thames, seeking to dock near HMRC London (er I dont count Croydon in London; despite it being er.,.. a London borough).

Good luck tommorow.....

Jeez these threads are more chaotic than the US presidential race....no one knows what they stand for/where/why they are headed.
Yeah, exactly the same boat in the Thames, seeking to dock near HMRC London (er I dont count Croydon in London; despite it being er.,.. a London borough).

Good luck tommorow.....

Jeez these threads are more chaotic than the US presidential race....no one knows what they stand for/where/why they are headed.

Are you going to hand in your documents tomorrow to euston tower by any chance? I didnt get that health declaration sent to me but perhaps its because im internal now and not at the time when i applied for TSP
Are you going to hand in your documents tomorrow to euston tower by any chance? I didnt get that health declaration sent to me but perhaps its because im internal now and not at the time when i applied for TSP

I have already done so (last week), that is why you have yet to receive the health declaration form/DBS further step.

Are you not also awaiting for HO? On the verge of O and possibly getting into gear for another crack at TSP? One honey jar was enough for me... you have gone all Winnie the Pooh!
I got a notification today for the 042R. The email said that I was through the online test and into the the next stage. They will be reviewing the competency statements and will say in the next two weeks. I have no idea about the process, I found the job advert on the Sunday and threw in my application within about 90 mins.
I have already done so (last week), that is why you have yet to receive the health declaration form/DBS further step.

Are you not also awaiting for HO? On the verge of O and possibly getting into gear for another crack at TSP? One honey jar was enough for me... you have gone all Winnie the Pooh!

Lol you are hillarious well the wait for the o grade role has taken so long that i applied for the heo in june and got provisional offer for that as well. But judging by how long they take on giving formal offers i been advised to take in my documents tomorrow. Did you get any indication of when your start date might be? Also im not sure if i need to do that health form but then again the docs im taking in i just completed them when i joined hmrc 6 months ago so i probably will have to.
Lol you are hillarious well the wait for the o grade role has taken so long that i applied for the heo in june and got provisional offer for that as well. But judging by how long they take on giving formal offers i been advised to take in my documents tomorrow. Did you get any indication of when your start date might be? Also im not sure if i need to do that health form but then again the docs im taking in i just completed them when i joined hmrc 6 months ago so i probably will have to.

Also im not applying for the tsp again but all i want is a quick start date so i can leave my current job lol.
"Did you get any indication of when your start date might be?"

They did say at the end of October or start of November; however taking everything into account you can assume that Santa Claus will provide us with a handful of tax modules for this Christmas period. I have heard that DBS can take between 6-8 weeks; so mid November is the earliest based upon that.

There is no harm in applying for TSP again; I know it is long and drawn out, but your experience and familiarity with the process should put you and all others on this thread in a much better position.

Latest

Trending

Trending