The Student Room Group

Oxford PAT 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hellomynameisr
Is it only me or do some of these question require a calculator.

Take question 10 on the 2007 paper. Like how am I meant to know what cos(10) is loool

If you look at the front page 2007 was a cal paper

Take question 10 on the 2007 paper. Like how am I meant to know what cos(10) is loool
no cal for the maths section tho

you can use the small angle approximations sometimes cos(theta) = 1-((theta)^2)/2
Original post by Orlandothefraser
you can use the small angle approximations sometimes cos(theta) = 1-((theta)^2)/2

you can use a calculator for the 2007 paper physics section anyway
Original post by NatoHeadshot
If you look at the front page 2007 was a cal paper

no cal for the maths section tho

you can use a calculator for the 2007 paper physics section anyway

Ahh right, silly me! Here's me thinking I have to memorise a whole load of numbers :rofl:

Thanks guys :biggrin:

do you know the assumptions for small angles of sin and tan
what other universities have you guys decided on?!

Only got Warwick and Bristol for now but need 2 more by the end of next week lol

Imperial, Nottingham, Warwick & bath. What about you?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
sin theta and tan theta approximate to theta for small angles
Original post by 98matt

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm an international applicant so it takes a little longer for me haha
I was thinking of st.andrews as one of my options but someone toldme its quite an isolated area? and i wouldnt feel right there because i come from dubai and you dont have that type of living exprience here.I am applying to nottingham for sure as well Some of the others ones im considering: One from Manchester/Imperial/Durhamand i think ill go with surrey for my backup, they look lovely
Only got Warwick and Bristol for now but need 2 more by the end of next week lol

I'm seeing quite alot of Warwick applicants, is it a good university i thought it wasnt all to great as it was made out from what ive read but i am international so no clueIf any of guys who live in the UK could judge some of my choices above and advise me i would be grateful for that
Does anyone have any tips to practice curve sketching??
Reply 574
Hello just wondering when did people start revising for the PAT and how is revision going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 98matt

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey forgot to ask what are you predicted and for what subjects if you don't mind :biggrin:
Predicted A*A*A in further maths, physics & welsh baccalaureate respectively. I have an A* from maths a level in year 12 too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 98matt
Predicted A*A*A in further maths, physics & welsh baccalaureate respectively. I have an A* from maths a level in year 12 too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

sweet we have pretty much the same predicted grades are you applying for straight physics at imperial? i was thinking about it but they seem reallly harsh with the admissions haha
Is anyone on here applying for engineering?
Is anyone on here applying for engineering?

i dont think so mate, hows your prep going and what are the cut offs for engineering usually is it same like for the physics students?:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending