The Student Room Group
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website

Applying to Teesside University in Middlesbrough for the concept art course

Hi, I have done my personal statement for my ucas application form but cannot send it in until December as that's when they reopen for applicants. I am applying for the Teesside University to do a concept art course in 2017 next September in hopes of pursuing my dream of a becoming a concept artist.Has anyone done or doing the same course as I am planning on doing, I ask because I have some concerns regarding the course, first of all do any of you know if I will have to do a project involving web design as part of the course, because I absolute did not enjoy it all especially as had no relevance to course that I did and it involved a lot of Dreamweaver, which I found really problematic?I have will be working on producing more artwork for my portfolio over the next two months as the more I have the better for the interview in December. The requirements needed for the course next year will be 120 tariff points (from what I remember I think I have 110 tariff points), a portfolio of at least 20 pieces, (which I have more than 20), an access course (I have an already done an access course) and minimum of three merits ( I have 5 merits).My only concern I have is whether or not my portfolio may good enough as I do have quiet a lot female based drawings, at least 9, but do I have quite a few other varied drawings such as life and observational drawings done from my previous University course, but even though I have quite a variation maybe not hugely, I just a bit worried that they might turn me down due to the fact that isn't varied enough and because there isn't many originality in my drawings, but I was told by someone who works at the University that they won't base it on the work you have produced, they will go on by your skill from what she said, but i'm not sure if that's the case. Can anyone help me out on this, what's your opinion on it?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Sorry for the big read I tried to space it out into individual paragraphs but kept putting back as one big section. Also I think I have posted this in wrong place.
(edited 7 years ago)
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website
Original post by Elexion
Sorry for the big read I tried to space it out into individual paragraphs but kept putting back as one big section. Also I think I have posted this in wrong place.

Hiyaa

I have also applied for the concept art course at Teesside to start in September 2017 and I don't know exactly what computer programs we will have to use but there is definitely some basic modelling and animation in the course.
Hello

We're looking forward to welcoming you to campus in September :smile:

If you click on the what you study tab on the BA (Hons) Concept Art course page you can see a full list of modules with a descriptor of what each one entails.

If you'd like to know more about the software used or if you'd like more details about the modules you study you're very welcome to drop us an email at [email protected] or give us a call on 01642 342639.

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending