The Student Room Group

what to do for A level??

Poll

which is better for A level (considering I am also picking English Lit & Maths)?

I have been thinking about what to pick for A level but am struggling between 2 options - Drama and Biology. These are two very different courses and I am unsure of which to pick for many reasons such as if I will be able to keep up, which would look better for university etc. Do you have any advice?
Original post by Aq910
I have been thinking about what to pick for A level but am struggling between 2 options - Drama and Biology. These are two very different courses and I am unsure of which to pick for many reasons such as if I will be able to keep up, which would look better for university etc. Do you have any advice?

What are your other subjects, and what are you hoping to study at university? :smile:
Reply 2
I was thinking maths and English lit? University I am still unsure about. Probably the same :smile:
Which one do you enjoy more?
Original post by Aq910
I was thinking maths and English lit? University I am still unsure about. Probably the same :smile:

Maths, English Literature and Biology would be a stronger combination of subjects than Maths, English Literature and Drama, so I would recommend Biology :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Tiger Rag
Which one do you enjoy more?

drama!!! I was, at first, definite about picking biology but now I am very unsure
Reply 6
Original post by Aq910

Pick Biology it would look much better on your Uni application than Drama. If you want to keep your options open Biology would be highly recommendable.
Reply 7
Drama, although it may be considered a soft subject, goes well with English Lit, so maybe go drama especially if you enjoy it more than biology
What is your prediction for bio and do you enjoy it?
Looking at your choice either would work but in terms of respective subjects id say bio would be more respected
But think about what careers interest you and what you can cope :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Starlight2000
What is your prediction for bio and do you enjoy it?
Looking at your choice either would work but in terms of respective subjects id say bio would be more respected
But think about what careers interest you and what you can cope :smile:

I am predicted an A but am struggling slightly atm. I know I can do well but its more of what I will enjoy more and what I can do better in. I understand your point.
Original post by Aq910
I am predicted an A but am struggling slightly atm. I know I can do well but its more of what I will enjoy more and what I can do better in. I understand your point.

Even I'm not finding it so hard and I got a C (bad CA and bad day the day I took the second exam) I'm sure you'll do well if u chose it
Good luck!
Reply 11
Original post by Starlight2000
Even I'm not finding it so hard and I got a C (bad CA and bad day the day I took the second exam) I'm sure you'll do well if u chose it
Good luck!

That's great! Thank you so much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest