The Student Room Group

When to make a Uni as firm choice?

Applying to Medicine at Newcastle and University of Birmingham through access schemes. Both require them to be made as firm choices for the access schemes to apply. Do I have to do decide a firm choice when sending the UCAS application as that will mean I can only apply to one of them. Or can I do this later after the conditional offer or rejection is known?
Original post by me_aisha
Applying to Medicine at Newcastle and University of Birmingham through access schemes. Both require them to be made as firm choices for the access schemes to apply. Do I have to do decide a firm choice when sending the UCAS application as that will mean I can only apply to one of them. Or can I do this later after the conditional offer or rejection is known?

You can only select firm and insurance choices once you have no more pending offers (i.e. you have acceptances/rejections or have withdrawn your application from all of the universities you applied for).
Original post by Plagioclase
You can only select firm and insurance choices once you have no more pending offers (i.e. you have acceptances/rejections or have withdrawn your application from all of the universities you applied for).

so you do that with track...?
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
so you do that with track...?

Yes. When you've had all your responses back it gives you the option to choose your firm and insurance (although there's no need to do that immediately, you have until the deadline).
Yes. When you've had all your responses back it gives you the option to choose your firm and insurance (although there's no need to do that immediately, you have until the deadline).

Ok.
I think I'm waiting until college check my form before they then send it off and I get track stuff in the post :excited:(When is that deadline?)
Ok.
I think I'm waiting until college check my form before they then send it off and I get track stuff in the post :excited:(When is that deadline?)

It depends on when you get your last response but for most people, it will be 4. May.
It depends on when you get your last response but for most people, it will be 4. May.

Plenty of time :colone:
Reply 7
Ok.

Don't you do it all online? Mine helped with the personal statement but that was it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Don't you do it all online? Mine helped with the personal statement but that was it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Uh yeah I think so :wink:

Spoiler

Reply 9
Uh yeah I think so :wink:

Spoiler

To save myself from the lecture I'm gonna pretend I know what you're on about

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
To save myself from the lecture I'm gonna pretend I know what you're on about

Posted from TSR Mobile