The Student Room Group

Can you swim?

How many TSRians can swim? If you can't why not and do you plan on getting lessons?
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Honestly, if you can't swim you're kinda limiting yourself from all sorts of activities. It aint a hard thing to do.

Spoiler

Original post by cbreef
Honestly, if you can't swim you're kinda limiting yourself from all sorts of activities. It aint a hard thing to do.

Spoiler

You might be surprised; I saw some statistics that say that 1 in 5 adults in the UK and nearly half of British children can't swim. That's a hell of a lot of people who would probably drown if they fell into a river by accident
Exactly. Someone's got to teach you at some point. It really isn't difficult at all. Do those stats include the elderly/disabled etc?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
I don't get the whole, drowning thing... I'm not a strong swimmer but I sure as hell would be fine if I fell into a lake or river, unless current was high and messed me up in the meantime.
Reply 5
Yes, it is my favourite form of exercise. On average I swim 224 lengths(25 metres) a week.
Yes although I did have a couple of misfortunes in the water when I was young; nearly lost my life once - dramatic but it's true. I could swim in deep water for about 100 meters without losing strength / stamina / contraction or having to rest.
I swim 3/4 days a week. It feels really great.
Whether you can swim or not doesn't matter. Fall into a river or lake and a bug will kill you. By entering your brain and eating it whole.
Reply 9
I can swim; I like breaststroke personally.

I don't swim now for exercise but I know how to save my life in case I do fall into a river.
I can't swim but I am hoping to learn next year after my exams are over :smile:
I mean I'm not good at it, but I can swim. I kinda thought that nearly drowning every time I went into the deep end of the swimming pool was getting old so I fixed that.
I'm the best at swimming. :u:
bish I got to level 7 with my swimming
My butterfly is so pro and you know :cool:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
bish I got to level 7 with my swimming
My butterfly is so pro and you know :cool:

I'm the best. I'm a former Rookie Lifeguard. :h:
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994

:erm:

Spoiler

Original post by CheeseIsVeg
:erm:

Spoiler

:angry:
:angry:

:u: :u: :u:
Reply 18
Original post by shawn_o1
Whether you can swim or not doesn't matter. Fall into a river or lake and a bug will kill you. By entering your brain and eating it whole.

That's not exactly true

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19

I nearly did the lifeguard course when I was like 10, just couldn't be bothered

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply