The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Relax, you're only 17!

Focus on yourself, your own life, ambitions, hobbies, interests, happiness, what you love to do! When you let go, someone will start coming in.

To maximise your chances, go out more, go out with your friends, you could meet someone through your friends, through your community, joining clubs out of interest or through college if that is where you at.

Be confident in yourself, wear sexy clothes, keep fit, smile, love life, be charming, bubbly.

I wish you the very best of luck!
Original post by Mvine001
I think the problem is that I fear screwing something up. That's why I don't ask girls out. I hate being overly emotional, but that's the way I am. ;(

Nah man i feel you, just make the main goal this year to get into uni and MAKE SURE you meet as many girls, including your flatmates. If you are worrying that you'll screw up then imagine yourself as the girl. They are worried about making the first move, thats why they usually wait for the guy to do it. They are 10x more worried about you rejecting them/or friend zoning them. Chances are they want you but dont know how to say it - so do the ting bro even if you get turned down there is atleast more than one girl who will want you.
Hey same here. I haven't had my first kiss either yet but that's by choice.
I come from an extremely strict background so lmao my parents would erupt if I have a bf.

Just let things happen on it's own and don't be so desperate. It'll send people away.

Find time to know yourself first and love you for you. You don't need someone telling you you're beautiful if you don't believe it in the first place.

You're only 17 so live life having fun atm
There's no rush
Original post by Shipreck
40 year old perverts don't tend to send messages to people they don't find beautiful :wink:

yes they do
We're both waaaay too young to make this a priority. This applies to everyone- focus on yourself and yourself ONLY and let the partners slide in as and when they want
I know a good few absolutely stunning lasses who miraculously manage to end up single regardless. I would guess it's more likely that just the "right person" hasn't made an appearance for you as of yet, which isn't necessarily related to anything to do with how you are, per se.
Reply 26
When, that's the problem.

For me it was about 10 minutes after I stopped sulking about being single. If you're happy with yourself and flirt relentlessly someone will bite.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
For me it was about 10 minutes after I stopped sulking about being single. If you're happy with yourself and flirt relentlessly someone will bite.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wish I had your confidence, pal. I doubt myself too much. :frown:
Reply 28
I wish I had your confidence, pal. I doubt myself too much. :frown:

Mate, it's not confidence at all; I'm just stupid and don't think about what I say

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Mate, it's not confidence at all; I'm just stupid and don't think about what I say

Posted from TSR Mobile

How the hell does that work? It doesn't make sense to me, pal.
Reply 30
How the hell does that work? It doesn't make sense to me, pal.

It's your brain that makes you back out when you actually think about what to say because you're overthinking it. Everything I say just bypasses my brain:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
It's your brain that makes you back out when you actually think about what to say because you're overthinking it. Everything I say just bypasses my brain:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not possible for me. I think too logically. Unfortunately
Reply 32
Not possible for me. I think too logically. Unfortunately

Your brain is like a computer. Now if there's a line of code in that computer which means it isn't giving the desired result; what's the logical thing to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Your brain is like a computer. Now if there's a line of code in that computer which means it isn't giving the desired result; what's the logical thing to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Rewrite the piece of code so that it works. Oh.............................................................
Reply 34
I am in most of he music clubs at school, I do karate on Mondays as well as charity things. Shut up about sulking on the internet, you idiot.

dude has the bigman ting. he cant relate to ur problems :d
Original post by el0hssa
dude has the bigman ting. he cant relate to ur problems :d

What are u on about?
Reply 36
What are u on about?

his username
Original post by el0hssa
his username

No about 'cant realte to ur prblems'?
Reply 38