The Student Room Group

US Transcripts and UCAS

So for the two schools I'm applying to through the UCAS, how will they get a hold of my transcript/do they want a copy? For US schools our guidance counselors submit them through this computer system that obviously won't work through the UCAS. Do they want my transcript or should I find a way to include my grades somewhere else in my application? Also small side question, would you suggest getting a reference from our guidance counselor or a teacher? Thanks!
You submit your grades through UCAS in the right section for your type of grades. Unis usually want to see hard copies when you arrive. The person who you think knows your best and will be able to comment on your ability to do uni level work in your subject should write your ref.
Reply 2
Original post by annestockless
So for the two schools I'm applying to through the UCAS, how will they get a hold of my transcript/do they want a copy? For US schools our guidance counselors submit them through this computer system that obviously won't work through the UCAS. Do they want my transcript or should I find a way to include my grades somewhere else in my application? Also small side question, would you suggest getting a reference from our guidance counselor or a teacher? Thanks!

Original post by alleycat393
You submit your grades through UCAS in the right section for your type of grades. Unis usually want to see hard copies when you arrive. The person who you think knows your best and will be able to comment on your ability to do uni level work in your subject should write your ref.

As per alleycat, but note the referee will often collect feedback/info from all your teachers and collate it into a single reference.

If your college is not used to providing a UCAS reference there are guidelines on the UCAS site. It's quite different to the US process.

https://www.ucas.com/advisers/references/how-write-ucas-undergraduate-references

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending