Is Aston a good uni?

What is it's reputation like, etc
Original post by Spratty

It's very good for Business :smile:
Original post by Spratty

Hi,

We are ranked top 30 in all UK league tables and ranked 2nd in the UK for teaching quality.

If you have any questions i would be happy to chat.

Josh :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Aston University
Hi,

We are ranked top 30 in all UK league tables and ranked 2nd in the UK for teaching quality.

I'm planning to apply to aston university. I want to do BSc computer science. My predicted grades are D*D*D* and your entry requirements are DDD. However I did AS levels previously and I did pretty badly before (DDEU). However, I've improved a lot as a person and I'm self-teaching myself maths and java to ensure that I can keep up with the course. Will my chances be affected? I've got the best BTEC grades, but below-average AS grades.
Original post by Spratty
I'm planning to apply to aston university. I want to do BSc computer science. My predicted grades are D*D*D* and your entry requirements are DDD. However I did AS levels previously and I did pretty badly before (DDEU). However, I've improved a lot as a person and I'm self-teaching myself maths and java to ensure that I can keep up with the course. Will my chances be affected? I've got the best BTEC grades, but below-average AS grades.

Hi,

There are no additional mandatory A Level requirements, so you shouldn't be penalised providing you meet or exceed the entry requirements, self teaching yourself Maths and Java is something you should be proud of and should make sure to include in your personal statement when applying.

Has anyone been travelling home from London?
Hi,

There are no additional mandatory A Level requirements, so you shouldn't be penalised providing you meet or exceed the entry requirements, self teaching yourself Maths and Java is something you should be proud of and should make sure to include in your personal statement when applying.

Hey, I did a foundation year at City university London in Biomedical Engineering before I went back to another country for family and military reasons.

Will a foundation degree be okay? I passed if that counts. I've self taught myself Java, Java script, some python but lost interested in that, learning Linux and Kali's tools.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Hi,

Hi just a query,
why has the ranking gone down to 49th?
Original post by Jokonkwo
Hi just a query,
why has the ranking gone down to 49th?

Hi Jokonkwo,

Our rankings dropped in CUG 2018, due to our staff student ratios. We are in the process of addressing this with a massive recruitment campaign. Rest assured we will have a number of new academic staff in place for the 2017/18 term and will quickly climb the rankings again.

We are making sure to recruit the very best to maintain our ranking in the Teaching Excellence Framework, which we are currently ranked 2nd in the UK for.

Hope that clears things up. Any questions, give me a shout.

Josh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending