The Student Room Group

Ex TSP 2016 CSR/1667/16 HMRC Band O/HO Belfast

A thread for those who applied through TSP2016 graduate programme for Belfast but fell at the last hurdle. Not to be confused with other internal or external recruitment campaigns and not a thread to moan about how it's not fair other people seem to be being processed first/faster.

We should be getting a date soon?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Much better idea
Original post by Cass1988
Much better idea

Lol, I had to laugh at Kez's post today.....how to put someone in their place without mentioning any names! I echo the sentiment though, some I really couldn't work with.....a more harmonious working environment is one of the reasons I'm changing jobs, don't need any negativity, lol. I like Kez's attitude, let's hope there's plenty more of it.

Actually had a really good day at work today, but had to remind myself about all the not so good ones and why I'm changing profession......Sooooooooo looking forward to it!
Reply 3
That comment really cheered up my day. Made a crap day much better and reminded how much I can't wait to change haha.

Really hope the calls come soon. By the sounds of it they must but I'm still willing to wait as long as it takes to get this right :smile:
[QUOTE="Cass1988;67904746"]That comment really cheered up my day. Made a crap day much better and reminded how much I can't wait to change haha.

Really hope the calls come soon. By the sounds of it they must but I'm still willing to wait as long as it takes to get this right :smile:[/QUOTE

Do you know which dept you'll be working for?

I can't recall any notice periods being asked for so I'm assuming that we'll be given a months notice before starting. I'm glad there's going to be someone else starting about the same time as me as well 😀
Reply 5
[QUOTE="MurphysLaw2471;67905832"]
That comment really cheered up my day. Made a crap day much better and reminded how much I can't wait to change haha.

Really hope the calls come soon. By the sounds of it they must but I'm still willing to wait as long as it takes to get this right :smile:[/QUOTE

Do you know which dept you'll be working for?

I can't recall any notice periods being asked for so I'm assuming that we'll be given a months notice before starting. I'm glad there's going to be someone else starting about the same time as me as well 😀

Only thing it said was tax professional caseworker. You?
It'll be good knowing people already :smile:

On the notice but it just said how much do we have to give haha. Suppose they won't be taking us all in at the same time too though. That may be a lot of people!
[QUOTE="Cass1988;67906446"]
Original post by MurphysLaw2471

Only thing it said was tax professional caseworker. You?
It'll be good knowing people already :smile:

On the notice but it just said how much do we have to give haha. Suppose they won't be taking us all in at the same time too though. That may be a lot of people!

Same role. How much notice do you have to give? I had a reply from evasion and compliance to a query I emailed a while ago, so can only assume that is where I am going (maybe ISBC?). Have they acknowledged receipt of your AccessNI Cass?
Reply 7
[QUOTE="MurphysLaw2471;67908976"]

Same role. How much notice do you have to give? I had a reply from evasion and compliance to a query I emailed a while ago, so can only assume that is where I am going (maybe ISBC?). Have they acknowledged receipt of your AccessNI Cass?

I do remember somewhere saying about evasion ect too :smile:
I only have to give 2 weeks notice.
I only have receipt from Access NI that it was sent. You?
Reply 8
Email just there saying pre employment checks complete and the post holder will be in contact shortly regarding start dates :smile: couldn't be happier!
Email just there saying pre employment checks complete and the post holder will be in contact shortly regarding start dates :smile: couldn't be happier!

Chuffed to bits for you 👍🏼
Fingers crossed they'll be in touch soon then. Get that resignation notice letter drafted lol.
Chuffed to bits for you 👍🏼
Fingers crossed they'll be in touch soon then. Get that resignation notice letter drafted lol.

Cheers! Fingers crossed you are next :smile:
Reply 11
my recruitment code is 1666 instead of 1667 :curious: but I am a final-hurdle failure from the TSP application! So same boat, I think?!
Original post by Jell91
my recruitment code is 1666 instead of 1667 :curious: but I am a final-hurdle failure from the TSP application! So same boat, I think?!

Welcome aboard Jel. We're not doing too bad for failures lol. You just waiting on a date?
Reply 13
Hey guys was just wondering did you receive both DBS and Access NI certificates or is it only Access NI for Belfast?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply 14
Welcome aboard Jel. We're not doing too bad for failures lol. You just waiting on a date?

I don't even know anymore haha. I received a provisional offer for an HO post on 23rd August, had the health form etc and the next stage on my civil service application page all sent off within 24 hours, and I've heard nothing at all since!
Original post by SMK2016
Hey guys was just wondering did you receive both DBS and Access NI certificates or is it only Access NI for Belfast?

TBH, I've filled in that many forms over such a long period of time that I really can't remember, lol. DBS only applies on mainland from what I remember, I completed my accessNI last week and certificate has been issued to HMRC direct.
Original post by Jell91
I don't even know anymore haha. I received a provisional offer for an HO post on 23rd August, had the health form etc and the next stage on my civil service application page all sent off within 24 hours, and I've heard nothing at all since!

Might be worth dropping them a line Jell, another guy (Jamz) on another Belfast thread had his process stalled due to a breakdown in communication and had to give them a nudge.
Reply 17
I had to give them a nudge also, got this reply this morning

Reply 18
Might be worth dropping them a line Jell, another guy (Jamz) on another Belfast thread had his process stalled due to a breakdown in communication and had to give them a nudge.

Yeah I think you're right! what email address do you actually get in contact with?
Original post by Jell91
Yeah I think you're right! what email address do you actually get in contact with?

Not sure Jell, but if you log into your CSR application and go to the bottom of the page, there I see a help button you can use to send queries about applications.....probably just as quick.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending