The Student Room Group

Is it WJEC or EDUQAS?

I'm confused as to what this exam board is called. I'm studying English Lit A level and I don't know whether the exam board is WJEC or EDUQAS. Apparently EDUQAS is a reformed WJEC or something? I have no idea. I need to know because I need to enter the exam board on my UCAS.

Also, one extra question regarding UCAS: Should I add my AS grade for English Lit? I'm asking because I don't think the grade counted towards anything. Same for Biology OCR because that's on a new spec as well.
Original post by SUBJUGATOR
I'm confused as to what this exam board is called. I'm studying English Lit A level and I don't know whether the exam board is WJEC or EDUQAS. Apparently EDUQAS is a reformed WJEC or something? I have no idea. I need to know because I need to enter the exam board on my UCAS.

Also, one extra question regarding UCAS: Should I add my AS grade for English Lit? I'm asking because I don't think the grade counted towards anything. Same for Biology OCR because that's on a new spec as well.

It's WJEC unless you are taking new reformed linear AS/A levels designed for students in England, then it's Eduqas

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by gdunne42
It's WJEC unless you are taking new reformed linear AS/A levels designed for students in England, then it's Eduqas

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh so it's Eduqas for me. Do you have any idea if the AS grade counts towards anything and so should I bother including it in my UCAS application?
Original post by SUBJUGATOR
Oh so it's Eduqas for me. Do you have any idea if the AS grade counts towards anything and so should I bother including it in my UCAS application?

If you have taken an AS you must include it. If you are taking the full A level the mark doesn't count towards it but UCAS is clear that you must include the grade in your academic record.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest