The Student Room Group

Cambridge SAQ Help

I am completing Section 5 'Education' section of the Cambridge SAQ, and where it asks to put down class information for each subject, I am confused what to put for my modular maths course. (Edexcel modular)

I can either put the qualification type as 'A Level (Linear)', which is what I have put for my two year reformed Physics and Computer Science courses; or I can put 'A Level (UMS). I am not sure what that means (I know what UMS is though) but I was expecting a modular option. Maybe it is just another way of saying Modular A Level?

Any advice would be appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by RedFusion
I am completing Section 5 'Education' section of the Cambridge SAQ, and where it asks to put down class information for each subject, I am confused what to put for my modular maths course. (Edexcel modular)

I can either put the qualification type as 'A Level (Linear)', which is what I have put for my two year reformed Physics and Computer Science courses; or I can put 'A Level (UMS). I am not sure what that means (I know what UMS is though) but I was expecting a modular option. Maybe it is just another way of saying Modular A Level?

Any advice would be appreciated :smile:

It's not linear so use the UMS option. Is there also an AS-level option (not linear)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by jneill
It's not linear so use the UMS option. Is there also an AS-level option (not linear)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There are options for:
A Level (Linear Y12)
A Level (Linear Y13)
AS Level (Linear Y12)
AS Level (Linear Y13)
AS Level (UMS)
A Level (UMS)
Reply 3
Original post by RedFusion
There are options for:
A Level (Linear Y12)
A Level (Linear Y13)
AS Level (Linear Y12)
AS Level (Linear Y13)
AS Level (UMS)
A Level (UMS)

Use the ones with UMS. They are the modular ones.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Regarding the question :
5.7 Have there been any difficulties with the teaching in any of your subjects at AS/A Level or equivalent? Should I mention that the class time each week for my A level equivalent subjects has dropped from 5hours to 4 hours?Would this advantage or disadvantage my application?
Reply 5
Original post by Katy888
Regarding the question :
5.7 Have there been any difficulties with the teaching in any of your subjects at AS/A Level or equivalent? Should I mention that the class time each week for my A level equivalent subjects has dropped from 5hours to 4 hours?Would this advantage or disadvantage my application?

Neither - it gives context to your application. Which is the point. :wink:
Reply 6
Hey, in the Qualifications section, when asked for the 'unit code' for each A level did you write simply 'UNIT1' or a more specific code, e.g. '2171'? Thanks :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Tasha G
Hey, in the Qualifications section, when asked for the 'unit code' for each A level did you write simply 'UNIT1' or a more specific code, e.g. '2171'? Thanks :smile:

I have same problems, I have to go to all my teachers to double check...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending