The Student Room Group

A Level Gap Year Resits?

Anybody else resitting some modules in their gap year, if so....

how many?
how are you going to prepare?
Anything else your doing whilst preparing for resits(e.g. travelling, job etc)?
.. So many, it makes me want to shrivel up and go to sleep.

I am resitting all my modules for Maths and Biology. I don't need to do Computing again since I got an A* (YAY!).

I am also considering doing a 4th A level in Economics or Sociology :smile: (cos why not XD)

As for gap year stuff, I have been volunteering at a local care home :O I might get a job around November.
Im resitting 4 papers next year. I'm also taking a gap year, I know these subjects well which is why I'm applying as a private candidate so most of my time would consist of volunteering and working .
Reply 3
I'm currently working full time (3 month trial) at an accountancy firm although this finishes at the end of this month. So my gap year will officially start in November!

As for resits I'm hoping to resit 2 or 3 maths papers to improve my overall grade-not 100% sure which ones to resit yet though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Applepiex3
.. So many, it makes me want to shrivel up and go to sleep.

I am resitting all my modules for Maths and Biology. I don't need to do Computing again since I got an A* (YAY!).

I am also considering doing a 4th A level in Economics or Sociology :smile: (cos why not XD)

As for gap year stuff, I have been volunteering at a local care home :O I might get a job around November.

Wow that's crazy!! I'm doing 5 and thought that was alot....
Good luck however, hope it works out well for you.
Original post by ryandaniels2015
Wow that's crazy!! I'm doing 5 and thought that was alot....
Good luck however, hope it works out well for you.

Hehe well I hope I do well :3

5 is actually still a lot •﹏• Good luck with that bro!!
I've recently realised that in the month of June, there is one day where I have 3 exams one after another D:
Hey y'all,
Just wondering which universities will you all be applying for (or have applied) and what course? :smile:
I don't know exactly what I'm going to do
I think If I fail chemistry this year, I'll redo a year and try to fix up my grades and see if I can do the K+ exam for King's College (I haven't really looked at it yet so not sure)
I want to apply for biochemistry but the only place I actually want to go to is King's College (or maybe even Queen Mary it's just a bit far)
But my predicted grades are ABC so not really good or desirable.
Nevermind I can't do the K+ thing lol i thought it was small but it's a 2 year thing.
crap
Why resit?

TRACC teaches A-level marine science as an intensive course between January and April.
94% of their students get a B, and they've won best Marine Science Student in the world twice.

You can travel, learn to scuba dive, live on a beach, study and boost your UCAS all at once. :-)
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest