The Student Room Group

Down about relationship

I've just found out that my boyfriend has cheated on me. I'm feeling really down about it.

Any ideas of how I can move on or not be upset? Anything to cheer me up?
If you were with him for long enough then you will definitely feel hurt by his infidelity. Otherwise, you'll forget about him by tomorrow.
Best way to heal? Hang out with friends, do things you used to like doing, and so on
Original post by Anonymous
I've just found out that my boyfriend has cheated on me. I'm feeling really down about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOp-LmapC2s
Reply 3

Have you dumped him?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by shawn_o1
If you were with him for long enough then you will definitely feel hurt by his infidelity. Otherwise, you'll forget about him by tomorrow.
Best way to heal? Hang out with friends, do things you used to like doing, and so on

I was with him for 2 years.
Reply 5
Original post by SMEGGGY
Have you dumped him?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I have. Only just.

It wont cheer you up, but you cna start out by dumping him and cutting him from all social media and other ways of contacting you. Assuming you are absolutely sure.
He is the cheater and not you.
Yeah I have. Only just.

Well done for doing that. Not always easy.

Cut everything and go out on the sauce with your mates. If you enjoy that kind of thing of course.
Reply 8
Original post by rockrunride
Well done for doing that. Not always easy.

Cut everything and go out on the sauce with your mates. If you enjoy that kind of thing of course.

He did hit me after but I've dumped him now. I've cut some things off.
He hit you???? You must block him from every bit of social media possible (not just 'somethings') and delete/ block his number off your phone! You must NEVER go back to him - EVER, EVER!!! You spent two years with him but..... you have many, many more years available to you to spend with someone who treats you the way you deserve!! He cheated on you and then he hit you - he is showing you how much respect he has for you. Being that you haven't deleted him from everything leads him to believe that he can talk his way back into getting back with you - that gives him control. Is that what you want? Only time will heal your heart that has been hurt; but taking control of your future and making sure you respect yourself by not to go back to your ex will help the process. There is no quick fix here and doubtful you can get through this without being upset but go out with your girlfriends, get a cute new hair cut, get a make-over - when you look good you feel good. You will definitely get over this guy but it's going to take longer than a couple of days or even weeks. It will make your life more difficult and healing impossible if you get into the pattern of going back and forth getting back together and breaking up with him. Given time you will find you are happier and better off without him.
Original post by Hopefully1
He hit you???? You must block him from every bit of social media possible (not just 'somethings':wink: and delete/ block his number off your phone! You must NEVER go back to him - EVER, EVER!!! You spent two years with him but..... you have many, many more years available to you to spend with someone who treats you the way you deserve!! He cheated on you and then he hit you - he is showing you how much respect he has for you. Being that you haven't deleted him from everything leads him to believe that he can talk his way back into getting back with you - that gives him control. Is that what you want? Only time will heal your heart that has been hurt; but taking control of your future and making sure you respect yourself by not to go back to your ex will help the process. There is no quick fix here and doubtful you can get through this without being upset but go out with your girlfriends, get a cute new hair cut, get a make-over - when you look good you feel good. You will definitely get over this guy but it's going to take longer than a couple of days or even weeks. It will make your life more difficult and healing impossible if you get into the pattern of going back and forth getting back together and breaking up with him. Given time you will find you are happier and better off without him.

Okay thank you for the advice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending