The Student Room Group

Only the Daily Mail defends gays from Islamist who calls for gays to executed

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3825696/Islamic-hate-preacher-called-gay-men-beheaded-teaching-children-young-six-school-London.html

Interesting that the Guardian has not run this story at all. Where are the opinion pieces in CiF saying this is outrageous? The Independent has but it's nowhere to be seen on the front page of the website (whereas at the time of posting this thread it is a top news story on the Daily Mail website).

Have we really reached the stage where it is up to the Daily Mail of all papers to defend gays from religious extremists who wish them death?
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Being Muslim trumps being gay on all issues when it comes to the lefts identity politics.

The footage, from 2010, shows him saying: 'If there’s homosexual men, the punishment is one of five things. 'One - the easiest one maybe - chop their head off, that’s the easiest.'Second - burn them to death.'Third - throw ‘em off a cliff. Fourth - tear down a wall on them so they die under that.'Fifth - a combination of the above.'

Oh come on, this ****'s gotta be made up.
Original post by Viva Emptiness

Tbf gay guys in ISIS controlled territory are being pushed off the top of buildings, so it seems he shares those views.

Most countries where homosexuality is illegal/punished by physical harm (flogging etc) seem to refer to Sharia, so maybe it makes some mention of it in there.
Reply 4
You are right but liberals have very selective memories. 'But Daily mail are raycist not sees herp derp' is all you'll hear from them.
Original post by joey11223
Tbf gay guys in ISIS controlled territory are being pushed off the top of buildings, so it seems he shares those views.

Most countries where homosexuality is illegal/punished by physical harm (flogging etc) seem to refer to Sharia, so maybe it makes some mention of it in there.

I actually meant when these texts and the rules for the punishment of homosexuals were written in the first place.

"Oh, this guy has sex with another man, that's gross - what should we do to him?"
"Well, I guess you could cut off his head?"
"Hmm, I like where you're going, but I want something a bit more protracted and unpleasant, if you can"
"Oh, I see. More unpleasant. Well, how about you set them on fire? I hear that's very unpleasant"
"For sure, very painful. I don't really want to risk setting anything else on fire around me though, I only bought this rug last week when I swapped my wife for it"
"Ah yes, of course. Well how about push them off a cliff?"
"Love it! What about for those who aren't near the coast or any sort of precipice?"
"Good Lord man, what do you want from me? Build a wall and then knock it down on him or something"
"I suppose we could do that....got any more ideas rattling around up there...for, uh, Allah?"
"A combination of all of the above, if you can conceive of such a thing"
"Perfect."
(edited 7 years ago)
The Daily Mail does it only when it's convenient for its agenda.

Here's how it rolls:
The Guardian would be silent on Muslims bullying gays.
The Guardian would plaster it everywhere if Tories were caught bullying gays.

Daily Mail would be silent on Tories bullying Gays.
Daily Mail would plaster it everywhere that Muslims are bullying gays.

Two sides of the same coin.
Original post by MasterJack
The Daily Mail does it only when it's convenient for its agenda.

Here's how it rolls:
The Guardian would be silent on Muslims bullying gays.
The Guardian would plaster it everywhere if Tories were caught bullying gays.

Daily Mail would be silent on Tories bullying Gays.
Daily Mail would plaster it everywhere that Muslims are bullying gays.

Two sides of the same coin.

I mean its almost as if news outlets have their own political agendas and that they selectively report the news only when it supports their pre-existing narative...

But thats obviously just conspiracy theory nonsense... Isnt it?
The DM is only paper I've seen reporting the recent case of a Christian family being tortured by Islamists in Pakistan for refusing to convert to Islam while they had to listen to the 17 year-old daughter being gangraped. The reason the story is especially poignant is because the police refused to investigate it. They often turn a blind eye to Sufis, Christians and Ahmadiyyans being bombed and killed.*

Pakistan gonna Pakistan but you'll never hear papers like the Guardian report it because they're brown nosers for Sunnis. This is the same paper that had Raed Salah write an article for them on Holocaust Memorial Day. DM isn't the best by any means but how much of a joke is it that people sl*g them off when they themselves often read dross like The Guardian?
Reply 9
well its bc DM blasts muslims all the time.

'A muslim did this'

'A muslim did that'

seriously crime has got nothing to do with religon, we dont hear 'a christian did this' or 'a atheist did that'
Original post by mojojojo101
I mean its almost as if news outlets have their own political agendas and that they selectively report the news only when it supports their pre-existing narative...

But thats obviously just conspiracy theory nonsense... Isnt it?

Next you'll be telling us that the media actually have influence, conspiracy!!!!
The article is about a campaigner called Peter Tatchell who has been campaigning to have this hate preacher removed.

I looked him up to see if he really works for the Daily Mail.

Apparently he actually writes for the Guardian.

But TSR gon' TSR.
Original post by KimKallstrom
The DM is only paper I've seen reporting the recent case of a Christian family being tortured by Islamists in Pakistan for refusing to convert to Islam while they had to listen to the 17 year-old daughter being gangraped. The reason the story is especially poignant is because the police refused to investigate it. They often turn a blind eye to Sufis, Christians and Ahmadiyyans being bombed and killed.*

Pakistan gonna Pakistan but you'll never hear papers like the Guardian report it because they're brown nosers for Sunnis. This is the same paper that had Raed Salah write an article for them on Holocaust Memorial Day. DM isn't the best by any means but how much of a joke is it that people sl*g them off when they themselves often read dross like The Guardian?

So why not criticise every other paper for not mentioning it? *You seem to think that the Guardian is about ten times more left wing than it actually is.
Do you not think the way in which the guardian uncovered the Sports Direct scandal, which has led to huge changes and public attention was admirable?

By far and away it's the best investigative paper.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Iridocyclitis
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3825696/Islamic-hate-preacher-called-gay-men-beheaded-teaching-children-young-six-school-London.html

Interesting that the Guardian has not run this story at all. Where are the opinion pieces in CiF saying this is outrageous? The Independent has but it's nowhere to be seen on the front page of the website (whereas at the time of posting this thread it is a top news story on the Daily Mail website).

Have we really reached the stage where it is up to the Daily Mail of all papers to defend gays from religious extremists who wish them death?

The campaigner , it talks about works for the Guardian.
I would click on the link, but my computer is set to spontaneously combust if it forced to load a page from the Mail Online.
Original post by mkap
well its bc DM blasts muslims all the time.

seriously crime has got nothing to do with religon, we dont hear 'a christian did this' or 'a atheist did that'

Unless you want to excuse the killing of apostates, killing of blasphemers, stoning of adulterers etc., from being labelled a "serious crime", you should consider redacting the last sentence. Our beliefs inform our actions, some belief systems DO mandate serious crimes or a particular behaviour (i.e. flogging or beheading).

If you want to say that not all adherents commit serious crimes, fine. But don't pretend the religious scripture they adhere to are clean of mandating such activities. There are only so many mental gymnastics one has to play for trying to shield scripture from scrutiny i.e. passages mandating stoning someone to death are not talking about the metaphorical "getting high on weed" stoning. Get real.
Original post by Bornblue
So why not criticise every other paper for not mentioning it? *You seem to think that the Guardian is about ten times more left wing than it actually is.

By far and away it's the best investigative paper.

Turns out the embarrassing Guardian Corbyn train story was written by a freelance trot who was't even there...

From Guido...

An internal Guardian investigation has blasted the paper’s editors for publishing the original Traingate story by a freelance journalist who turned out to be a Trot. TheGuardian readers’ editor rubbishes the article as “a kind of gonzo news release by two Corbyn supporters”, concluding that the paper misled its readers and that editors’ “pre-publication checks and balances failed”. Turns out the freelance filmmaker who shot the pictures of the Labour leader sitting on the floor was being paid by the Jeremy For Leader campaign. The Trotskyite freelance journalist who wrote the story wasn’t even on the train. The authors first pitched their pro-Jez propaganda to BuzzFeed, who embarrassingly for the Guardian smelled a rat and turned it down. Standards at Kings Place were alas significantly lower…
Original post by Bornblue
The campaigner , it talks about works for the Guardian.

He contributes to the Guardian occasionally. How does that affect my point about the Guardian not running this story?
Original post by Iridocyclitis

I'd hasten to say that your thread title isn't really accurate; it's not only the Daily Mail speaking out about this. Many people from the atheist / freethinker community, from the neoconservative community, from the liberal interventionists and others are speaking out about this stuff. I'm gay and I'm 100% opposed to Islamofascism, and I think it's increasingly an anachronism that gay people are supposed to be associated with the lunatic part of the left.

But in terms of the media, you are right that really only the Daily Mail is hammering away on this issue. In fact, they've been extremely dogged in exposing the worst excesses of Islamofascists murderous hatred toward gays, toward women, toward atheists and freethinkers and basically towards anyone who refuses to bow down to them.
Original post by Viva Emptiness

Wtf? How does it have to be made up? Are you seriously that poorly-informed and ignorant of world affairs and cultures that you didn't know that murderous homophobia is absolutely rampant in Islam? Didn't you know that all 11 countries where gay people are executed are Islamic countries?

The Daily Mail doesn't need to make this up when there are so many real instances to choose from.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending