The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jimmy Seville
Of course you know what tastes salty.

Yeah, jizz. But being a Chelsea fan of course you are homophobic too. Still, it would be funny to smack the **** out of you with my bum chums so that you get bashed by queers.
Original post by trapking
I shall not comment on your strategic planning then but that alone says a lot about you!

You don't have to break the bank to look the part and I'm sure you realise that your appearance becomes very important if you want to make a statement and attract opportunity (a lot of people don't realise this). Just imagine this hypothetical scenario

Candidate A interviewing for an executive position at Apple:

-Wearing a poor quality suit
-fit isn't great
-but does well in interviews.

Candidate B - interviewing for the same position

-Wears high quality suit
-Fit is impeccable and he actually looks like an executive.
-Does well in interview.

Who is going to get the executive position... no question it's going to be B everyday of the week. If you don't believe me then don't!

Well, I live in the north so the chances are that the interviewer just does not like *******, pakis and chinks.

James Carnell confirmed.

James Carnell confirmed.

Lol at idiots thinking an expensive suit will make up for their ugliness and lack of aesthetics. I make Primark look great because I look good. It's funny when I see mugs spend so much on clothes and gadgets to impress girls.
Get a suit from Paul Smith they have affordable suits for around £150-200 and you can get the pants tailored to you for free.

Edit(more info): Go to their outlet store if you live close to one they usually have half price discounts and you can get fairly good quality suits for less than £200.

Ted baker is also another one you can try!

wow that's a sharp outlet store
One of my mates, looks like a model, spends his money on clothes in Primark and TK Maxx...
Only unaesthetic people need nice clothes to overcompensate lol.
Original post by James.Carnell
One of my mates, looks like a model, spends his money on clothes in Primark and TK Maxx...
Only unaesthetic people need nice clothes to overcompensate lol.

My colleagues have gone on to get job offers for McLaren F1, Aston Martin etc...

while you're here cyber bullying people on a FF smh. It's pointless trying to explain to someone who is ignorant.
Get a suit from Paul Smith they have affordable suits for around £150-200 and you can get the pants tailored to you for free.

Edit(more info): Go to their outlet store if you live close to one they usually have half price discounts and you can get fairly good quality suits for less than £200.

Ted baker is also another one you can try!

Trousers
I shall not comment on your strategic planning then but that alone says a lot about you!

You don't have to break the bank to look the part and I'm sure you realise that your appearance becomes very important if you want to make a statement and attract opportunity (a lot of people don't realise this). Just imagine this hypothetical scenario

Candidate A interviewing for an executive position at Apple:

-Wearing a poor quality suit
-fit isn't great
-but does well in interviews.

Candidate B - interviewing for the same position

-Wears high quality suit
-Fit is impeccable and he actually looks like an executive.
-Does well in interview.

Who is going to get the executive position... no question it's going to be B everyday of the week. If you don't believe me then don't!

You've been well conditioned by cosummerism. Spend £££ doesn't guaranteed you **** plus you can get good fit from charity shops so I don't know where you think only 'high quality' gives good fit. Certainly can for primary. And fit is pretty much where it's all at.

You'd only spend loads for repeated use and who want clothes that last more that a few years anyways. Next is more than fine.
Saying that, you want a suit get yourself to Hoi an. 300$ for tailor make. Dope quality as well. Plus you get to visit one of the GOATEst place in the world.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by atom y humber
You've been well conditioned by cosummerism. Spend £££ doesn't guaranteed you **** plus you can get good fit from charity shops so I don't know where you think only 'high quality' gives good fit. Certainly can for primary. And fit is pretty much where it's all at.

You'd only spend loads for repeated use and who want clothes that last more that a few years anyways. Next is more than fine.
Saying that, you want a suit get yourself to Hoi an. 300$ for tailor make. Dope quality as well. Plus you get to visit one of the GOATEst place in the world.

Moss Bros make the suits for Ted Baker, French Connection, Cerrutti and DKNY. There is very little difference between the Moss Bros own brand and the designer versions. You can get a Moss Bros suit for £100 or under. The only difference is you are paying significantly more for a brand on the inside of the jacket.

Ofc there are some minor details like the fact that DKNY suits are always slimmer fits, but it is not like you cannot get the same product from Moss Bros for a much better price.
(edited 7 years ago)
all my suits come from M+S.*

Wouldn't go above that personally, as I only ever wear them 2-3 times a year at weddings/funerals/interviews.

I guess if I worked every day in a suit then I would probably bother to purchase nicer ones..

Not because I care personally, but because others care, and the opinion of others is always important in work/life/business.. Unless you are a complete trend setter/visionary, but I am not arrogant enough to think of myself as someone who can rise above and self define away from other opinions and judgments.*

Anyway.. brought a 40 pound pare of shoes the other day.. bit pricey but hey, got to live a bit. *
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Yeah next for me.

Spud

Original post by SA-1
Bicester Village mate - Boss

Doesn't mean anything to me

You peasants. Who buys suits from Next ffs... :facepalm2:

They won't even last you two years max :lol:

inb4 Wow thats a (insert comment)

I don't want a designer suit, I stated affordable. I won't be wearing a lot, just special occasions and when meeting external stakeholders at work.

Original post by Kenan and Kel
Next is a good shout

Massimo Dutti if you want to spend a bit more

Next fwiennnnnnd

Nice one
Wow I just unintentionally baited @trapking in this thread.

Suits are a sensitive topic
Reply 9333
@trapking which tie knot do you use?
Reply 9334
Also @trapking do you prefer shoes with or without laces?
Reply 9335
Also, do you use cufflinks?

@trapking
Original post by atom y humber
You've been well conditioned by cosummerism. Spend £££ doesn't guaranteed you **** plus you can get good fit from charity shops so I don't know where you think only 'high quality' gives good fit.

-I agree with you that fit is important.

-I'm not saying only high quality suits give you a good fit and neither did I say having a high quality suit guarantees you anything. My point is when you want to make it/get noticed by prestigious brands & attract opportunity e.g. get promoted to say become a director or manager how you look becomes very important. You won't see top people at Goldman Sachs poorly dressed.

-I think it's worth it to spend less than £200 on a suit that looks a lot better than a £80 you will get from next. The difference in look and quality is very noticeable...but anyway to each their own.

@SA-1 Usually a full Windsor knot, not a huge fan of French cuffs tbh and double monk straps are my favourite shoe.
Original post by SA-1
@trapking which tie knot do you use?

Half windsor knot

Original post by SA-1
Also @trapking do you prefer shoes with or without laces?

So long as they slip on, either is fine.

Original post by SA-1
Also, do you use cufflinks?

@trapking

Yes - who doesn't?

Although today is dress-down so I'm in a hoodie :colondollar:
-I agree with you that fit is important.

-I'm not saying only high quality suits give you a good fit and neither did I say having a high quality suit guarantees you anything. My point is when you want to make it/get noticed by prestigious brands & attract opportunity e.g. get promoted to say become a director or manager how you look becomes very important. You won't see top people at Goldman Sachs poorly dressed.

-I think it's worth it to spend less than £200 on a suit that looks a lot better than a £80 you will get from next. The difference in look and quality is very noticeable...but anyway to each their own.

@SA-1 Usually a full Windsor knot, not a huge fan of French cuffs tbh and double monk straps are my favourite shoe.

Go to the US and buy clothes.. so cheap.

I bought a suit for $250. Except it was buy 1 get 2 free (weirdest offer ever right?) :biggrin:
pound is in the gutter at the moment.*

Transferred my chinese income back to the UK today.. worth an extra 400 quid over what it was a week ago.

Nice little bonus for the month *

Latest