The Student Room Group

Have you ever met a famous person?

Scroll to see replies

Well do concertscount?

I sort of met this dude who was on downton abbey he was in a production at the globe theatre...let just say i was close enough to touch his foot
Reply 41
David Attenborough :daydreaming:
Reply 42
Original post by retro_turtles
Well do concertscount?

I sort of met this dude who was on downton abbey he was in a production at the globe theatre...let just say i was close enough to touch his foot

A dude from some BBC period drama (can't remember which) was sat on a table next to me in a cafe
Original post by UWS
I met Thierry Henry at work :u:

He was signing a football before Friday Night Football and I bumped into him. Took a picture as well :biggrin:

lucky :colonhash:
Original post by Spock's Socks
I've met Noel Fielding and Julian Barratt at a book signing :colondollar:

Simon Neil from Biffy Clyro and the TV presenter Neil Oliver are both from my hometown and I've seen them a few times and I've seen the cast of Still Game in Glasgow.

Best for last, I got to talk to Damon Albarn after a Gorillaz gig at MEN Arena in 2010 :love:

Omg, I forgot about Edinburgh Fringe Festival! I've lost count how many people I saw there but some notable ones were Jack Whitehall, Dylan Moran, Sean Hughes and the most random of all - the actress who played Stiffler's Mom in American Pie :laugh:

Words cannot describe how well jel I am right now

I've met David Walliams, the Everton FC team (Ladies and Mens :smile: ) :fan: and a couple of actors :smile:
Reply 44
Original post by Fox Corner
:excited:

My friends dad was in a famous 90s techno band (10 points if you can guess which one).

Have you ever met a famous person? Maybe you're even related to one!

Brian cox?
this is one of my favourite stories ever, so forgive me if it's long.

my friends dad used to own a fancy restaurant in london. once when I was around 7/8 (ish) he let me and my parents have a meal in the vip section. at some point my parents were suddenly all 'omg!' because some famous guy walked in, but I had no idea who he was so I wasn't fussed. we went over to him and asked if he would sign a napkin. we got to talking and next thing I knew we were sitting having a drink with him. I was young, so I don't remember every detail but he seemed to be a very funny guy who made a lot of hand gestures and funny voices and had me cracking up laughing.

eventually my dad said 'hannah's a big fan of your movies' to which I (in true child fashion) replied that I didn't even know who the guy was. he burst out laughing while my parents tried to apologise on my behalf. now, this part I remember like it was yesterday. he put his hand over my eyes, and said "listen closely, hannah...........ten thousand yeeeeeeeears will give you such a crick in the neck!" to which I shouted, louder than is appropriate in a super posh restaurant, "IT'S THE GENIE!!!!!"

so yeah, that's the time I met robin williams. warms my heart but brings tears to my eyes thinking about it. I wish I could remember it better, though.

other than that, I once saw stephen fry in a pub. people kept going up to him and asking him for pictures and signatures and he looked a bit overwhelmed and stressed out by it all so I just gave him a smile and a nod from across the bar, which he returned.
Reply 46
Steve Bruce, Roberto Mancini
Original post by RobML

awesome!! I'm so jealous
Met Helen Flanagan at a party; got her autograph
Original post by hannahdm2

eventually my dad said 'hannah's a big fan of your movies' to which I (in true child fashion) replied that I didn't even know who the guy was. he burst out laughing while my parents tried to apologise on my behalf. now, this part I remember like it was yesterday. he put his hand over my eyes, and said "listen closely, hannah...........ten thousand yeeeeeeeears will give you such a crick in the neck!" to which I shouted, louder than is appropriate in a super posh restaurant, "IT'S THE GENIE!!!!!"

That's adorable!!!

Reply 50
Original post by Spock's Socks
Neil Oliver

I sat at a table next to him in Cardiff museum
Original post by RobML

So jelly. He's one of my absolute favourite people. He did a talk at my uni but I couldn't get tickets - they got snapped up in about 1 second even though they gave alumni the chance to get them first :frown:
Reply 52
I also once apologised to Tom Hollander for nearly walking into him at Hay festival
Cilla Black was my nan's second cousin.

Also my mum used to knock about with Sonia.
(edited 7 years ago)
brushed past leona lewis in urban outfitters years ago obviously my all time idol... not
Not met anyone as such.
Seen a few in person though! :biggrin:
I met Norman Reedus (he's so lovely), and a few other TWD people. I met a bunch of musicians when I was a bit younger and used to go to gigs all the time. I'm good friends with a group of YouTubers as well, though not sure if they really count as famous :tongue:
I voted 'Yes, I know one very well'.
Whilst they're not an international superstar or a well known person, they were a finalist on the X Factor. I talk to Bupsi.
Reply 58
I've met Taylor Swift (although i am pretty sure most people hate her these days) I've been a fan for years and her management chose me and a few other fans to listen to her album 1989 pre release with her. They were called the Secret Sessions. It's a cool story to tell, she was lovely and she knew everybody's names without us having to tell her :smile:
i met wretch 32 at his music video filming

Quick Reply

Latest