The Student Room Group

2017 Investment Banking Graduate scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
Original post by nellyg619
What's the workshop if you don't mind me asking?

" .....an opportunity to learn more about our Investment Banking and Global Capital Markets divisions, our culture and career opportunities."

It's scheduled for a few hours in the late afternoon. Can't be too important. Are there any other off-cycle applicants who got the invite?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fkohist
" .....an opportunity to learn more about our Investment Banking and Global Capital Markets divisions, our culture and career opportunities."

It's scheduled for a few hours in the late afternoon. Can't be too important. Are there any other off-cycle applicants who got the invite?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got the invite also. Final year SA applying. No idea what it is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 602
Original post by Fkohist

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied for off-cycle and got the invite

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anybody offer insight into the Barclays online interview?
Original post by ay42
I applied for off-cycle and got the invite

Posted from TSR Mobile

How long after completing the numerical reasoning test did you get this invite? And when is the workshop being held?
anyone applied to blackrock? Do you get invited to submit video interview straightaway or they review ur application and then invite you to do the video interview?*
Original post by souman
anyone applied to blackrock? Do you get invited to submit video interview straightaway or they review ur application and then invite you to do the video interview?*

Straight away no review
Do Morgan Stanley reject you fairly quickly after the tests if you failed?

And how long do they usually take to respond once your application is 'under review'?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 608
kanem101, is there any chance you could share your 1st round interview experience for the markets role at Citi please? I have heard its mainly motivational but from reading other threads it looks like some brainteasers / technical questions might apear too?
Reply 609
Original post by spoli21
Any insight into Citi 1st round for Markets?

is there any chance you could share your 1st round interview experience for the markets role at Citi please? I have heard its mainly motivational but from reading other threads it looks like some brainteasers / technical questions might apear too?
Does anyone know Nomura's EMEA grad recruitment email? Tried sending an email to [email protected] but it failed to send.
Original post by Brownlatte08
Does anyone know Nomura's EMEA grad recruitment email? Tried sending an email to [email protected] but it failed to send.

[email protected]
Reply 612
Hi guys,

any insight on 3i's video interview?

I can share Blackrock and barclays

Thanks
Anyone at the Barclays telephone interview yet?
Does anyone have any insight on a PJT Partners first round interview? Can exchange info on numerous BBs/Boutiques from last year.
Reply 615
Original post by Liquid Gold.
Does anyone have any insight on a PJT Partners first round interview? Can exchange info on numerous BBs/Boutiques from last year.

Can't speak from experience but I imagine it will be very technical

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone,

I'd like to know if anyone has heard back from BAML after completing the online test - Global Markets off cycle. It's says on their website that if selected the next stage is an AC?
Original post by GhostfaceKillah7
Hi everyone,

I'd like to know if anyone has heard back from BAML after completing the online test - Global Markets off cycle. It's says on their website that if selected the next stage is an AC?

The next stage is an "informal call" normally to test your fit and then AC

Posted from TSR Mobile
Speaking of BAML,

Is there anyone who has applied/is applying to BAML's Global Corporate and Investment Banking (GCIB) Analyst Program?

Because I am applying to it and one of the motivation questions is

"In your own words please describe the function of the division of the business you have selected and why have you applied to Bank of America Merrill Lynch (BAML) ?"

On the link with the job description and job requirements below

https://bankcampuscareers.tal.net/vx...rogramme/en-GB

it gives 2 sentences about what GCIB does and then states that GCIB is split into 3 areas which are Corporate Banking and Debt Capital Markets, Equity Capital Markets and Investment Banking and then explains what each of these 3 areas do.

What I am not sure about is that when answering this question, am I supposed to decribe the function of GCIB or am I supposed to describe the function of either one from Corporate Banking and Debt Markets, Equity Capital Markets or Investment Banking?

In the online application form it does not ask which of those 3 areas I prefer to work in/would choose to work in, yet on the job description link for each of the 3 areas it gives its own description of what an Analyst in that area would do

Is there anyone who is applying/has applied to this job who could help me with this?

Also the second question asks in the application form is

"How do you think you will utilise your academic skills and experience to add value to the division you are applying to?"

I would like to clarify whether the word "experience" here is only referring to academic experience or would it be okay for me to mention past work experience I have had?

Thanks
Reply 619
Is MS not hiring for full-time 2017?

Quick Reply

Latest