The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Guys is 717 average score worth it to apply for GEM at Newcastle...?
I got 2020 on Ukcat. What decile am i in? Thanks
Is anyone else thinking of taking a gap year and applying next year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is a score of 2060 (8th decile) too low to apply to ukcat heavy unis? Not kings and Newcastle but maybe Manchester, Nottingham, Southampton or Leicester? Thanks
Original post by Kantth1
Slafe bro... do you think its safe for me to apply to manchester

Stats
Gcse: 7A* 2A 1B 1C
As: AAAA
ukcat: 1990 average 663

It really depends on the score manchester picks as their cut off since anyone below the cut off is automatically eliminated. I'm not applying to manchester and have limited knowledge on the history of cut off scores but i think it will be better to go search it up and see what your chances are! :smile:
Reply 7125
Thank you! :smile:
Original post by kayasparkles
Yes it would be!
Original post by Kantth1
Slafe bro... do you think its safe for me to apply to manchester

Stats
Gcse: 7A* 2A 1B 1C
As: AAAA
ukcat: 1990 average 663

Yeah definitely safe for application you have a good chanc of interview!
Original post by juliette.dgs
Is a score of 2060 (8th decile) too low to apply to ukcat heavy unis? Not kings and Newcastle but maybe Manchester, Nottingham, Southampton or Leicester? Thanks

King's are not a UKCAT heavy University.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got 2040 What decile am I in?
with a score of 650 where in london can i apply??
I got 1800 in my Ukcat what decile am I under?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Boo_Ayres13

8th decile same as me:h:
Original post by WhoDaresWins
Well, it was 70th percentile last year, and 58 the year before that but its around 66 or 68.

Oh right I just got the 70th percentile. Maybe it might be lower this year? Coz averages are lower

It would be risky if you made all 4 of your options UKCAT heavy unis but applying to 1 or 2 UKCAT heavy ones with your average shouldn't be too risky, your average is higher than most!
Original post by ASTK98

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh sorry, my bad. I read that on the medic portal :colondollar:
Original post by Boo_Ayres13
Original post by khalidpatel
I got 1800 in my Ukcat what decile am I under?Posted from TSR Mobile

No matter if you guys say 6th percentile or 7th percentile both of you understand it as the same thing. from 60%-70%
So i have above 2150 but that doesn't mean i'm on the 100%, it means i'm between 90% and 100% and so at least 90% of people did worse than me.

Now if you say u are in the eighth percentile or 7th it just means that 70% of people did worse than you
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ASTK98

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh sorry, my bad. I read that on the medic portal

It is because they usually have very high cut off scores.
What decile am I in 1900?
Original post by YouHaveProblems
It is because they usually have very high cut off scores.

They don't have a "cut off", they just have a specific score that they consider competitive. You can get an interview if your score is lower than that, but having a score higher than it doesn't guarantee you an interview either. For the last cycle (2016 entry) the competitive score was 650. They interviewed someone with a score of 612 this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cameron95
"The 1st decile represents a score at the 10th percentile; the 2nd decile represents a score at the 20th percentile, and so on." * Surely this means a score of 2150+ corresponds to 90%+?

That's exactly what I'm thinking :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending