The Student Room Group

Bad to eat only 2 meals a day?

I've got in to the habit of just eating breakfast and either lunch or dinner, for a few weeks now. My appetite has shrunk so I don't think I could stomach having 3 meals now. I consume roughly 700 calories but also walk 1 hour every day.

Is this really unhealthy?
Original post by peanutbuttercup
I've got in to the habit of just eating breakfast and either lunch or dinner, for a few weeks now. My appetite has shrunk so I don't think I could stomach having 3 meals now. I consume roughly 700 calories but also walk 1 hour every day.

It depends on you metabolic rate and if you are losing weight or not. If you are becoming too thin, then yes. If you are becoming obese, then yes. It depends on what you eat and how your body responds. It cannot be the same for every person.
4 is best. I eat pussy twice a day. :sexface:
Original post by Orbital Rising
4 is best. I eat pussy twice a day. :sexface:

Not the answer I was looking for but I'm really happy for you
This is something that I do, and I'm told it's pretty unhealthy. You need to be eating more regularly than that, and 700 calories a day isn't enough. The recommended daily amount for women is 2000, so you're under half. It really depends on your body and your metabolism though. It would be worth seeing your GP for some more information. They'd be able to tell you if you need to be eating more, or more often, or if you're sustaining yourself healthily already
Not the answer I was looking for but I'm really happy for you

That's appreciated. I'm also happy. :u:

You'll have to check your BMI for calories. If you eat healthy, filling meals then two should suffice. And you're exercising as well so it sounds good. But I'm no fitness expert just your friendly neighbourhood internet neckbeard so feel free to ignore my comments.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
3 meals a day is a societal invention. Not necessarily what the body needs. I personally also feel better when I eat less.

If more people ate when they felt hungry rather than as a leisure activity we would not have such problems with obesity.

The whole calorie thing is not quite as straight forward as it seems. Each person is unique. However, I doubt 700 calories a day is enough for even an inactive man or woman.

https://authoritynutrition.com/debunking-the-calorie-myth/

http://www.iifym.com/tdee-calculator/
This will give you a good idea of what target on calories you should aim for, 700 does sound very low even for an inactive female. Have you tried eating more frequently but small amounts through a day, as this way you could have 4-5 small meals of 250-300 calories and still be looking to lose weight.
I be worried also about the lack of nutrients and vitamins given you are not eating too much too.
It's fine, meal timing is irrelevant, what matters is overall calories, is that 700 calories for each meal or 700 total for the day? Because 700 a day is far too low, there's no need to starve yourself to lose weight.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest