The Student Room Group

Is my maths good for d1

I do not understand d1 wth why is it soooooo hard!!!!! Guys! Is my maths good for d1???? Need feedback asap!!

Im on edexcel btw

Scroll to see replies

What do you want us to say?
Original post by Jane122
I do not understand d1 wth why is it soooooo hard!!!!! Guys! Is my maths good for d1???? Need feedback asap!!

Im on edexcel btw

Maybe explain what you're finding hard about it?
Original post by Jane122

Im on edexcel btw

how do we know if youre good at maths?
Original post by Jane122

Im on edexcel btw

I thought it was good, but aren't some topics missing? It is very different from the other maths modules, what are you struggling with?
Reply 5
Original post by NotNotBatman
I thought it was good, but aren't some topics missing? It is very different from the other maths modules, what are you struggling with?

WELL I'm struggling with all the alogortihsm like krusklas and liner programming.. it's a soooooo HARD
Reply 6
Original post by dfbenjamin
What do you want us to say?

Don't respond If you're going to be useless.
Reply 7
Original post by _gcx

Algorithms linear programming
Original post by Jane122
WELL I'm struggling with all the alogortihsm like krusklas and liner programming.. it's a soooooo HARD

What's hard about it?

Practise a lot if you are struggling, algorithms like kruskals use rote methods, linear programming can be a bit harder though. Do you have a D1 book? Read each section and memorize the algorithm and then answer the questions. You're going to have to be a bit more specific; give an example of some questions you struggle with.
Reply 9
What's hard about it?

Practise a lot if you are struggling, algorithms like kruskals use rote methods, linear programming can be a bit harder though. Do you have a D1 book? Read each section and memorize the algorithm and then answer the questions. You're going to have to be a bit more specific; give an example of some questions you struggle with.

Like I can't do the Chinese postman thing like drawing those things on the end and findings the quickest route! So will my maths get me an A? I really need it..
Original post by Jane122
Like I can't do the Chinese postman thing like drawing those things on the end and findings the quickest route! So will my maths get me an A? I really need it..

Upload some questions. I could just write the steps, but that's not really going to help.
Practise and understanding will get you an A; do every question in the book and every exam question. Why don't you just try it and see if it's helpful?
Reply 11
Upload some questions. I could just write the steps, but that's not really going to help.
Practise and understanding will get you an A; do every question in the book and every exam question. Why don't you just try it and see if it's helpful?

Ok thank you, but I just don't wanna waste my time with my maths if it's sht
Reply 12

Ok thank you, but I just don't wanna waste my time with my maths if it's bad
Original post by Jane122
Ok thank you, but I just don't wanna waste my time with my maths if it's bad

No it's good, because there are interactive examples that make it easier to visualize what's going on.
Yes you are good enough!
Reply 15
No it's good, because there are interactive examples that make it easier to visualize what's going on.

Original post by _gcx

whats the range of this graph y=2/x if the domain is x>2 ?

@SeanFM @maths123
Original post by Jane122
whats the range of this graph y=2/x if the domain is x>2 ?

@SeanFM @maths123

Have you tried sketching it? :h:
Reply 17
Original post by SeanFM
Have you tried sketching it? :h:

yes it starts at x=2 and is asymptotic
Original post by Jane122
yes it starts at x=2 and is asymptotic

Sooo.. what is the range then? :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by SeanFM
Sooo.. what is the range then? :smile: