The Student Room Group

low ukcat score

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HopelessMedic
Not really. Kings look at everything, but a low UKCAT and "realatively" low GCSE's means you will likely get rejected. Pretty much everyone applying for medicine has extra curriculars and a decent PS/reference unfortunately. Best of luck

Is GCSE equivalent to O levels? That, I find a little confusing.. Apparently, what I've been told is that O level is harder?!
Original post by ZainabBaber
Is GCSE equivalent to O levels? That, I find a little confusing.. Apparently, what I've been told is that O level is harder?!

They may well be harder, but I'm pretty sure they are GCSE equivalents.
Original post by HopelessMedic
Not really. Kings look at everything, but a low UKCAT and "realatively" low GCSE's means you will likely get rejected. Pretty much everyone applying for medicine has extra curriculars and a decent PS/reference unfortunately. Best of luck

I have the same score of 1720 and really wanted to apply for Keele but this years cut off is 1730. Will they still consider me with a stj band 1 and a 2:1 in a Chemistry Degree with a lot of work experience? Like do they look at everything as a whole and weight it together or are they strict with the UKCAT? Any help would be much appreciated as this might be my last year of applying 😔
Original post by Anon14288
I have the same score of 1720 and really wanted to apply for Keele but this years cut off is 1730. Will they still consider me with a stj band 1 and a 2:1 in a Chemistry Degree with a lot of work experience? Like do they look at everything as a whole and weight it together or are they strict with the UKCAT? Any help would be much appreciated as this might be my last year of applying 😔

I don't know much about graduate entry medicine, sorry. I wouldn't apply there if your below the cut off

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending