The Student Room Group

I feel sooo old :(

Basically I'm 18 (19 in December) and I just feel and look really old for my age, I have been told be various people that I look like I am at least late 20s someone once even guessed at 33!
Although it has it's advantages, for example never being asked for ID or anything it is starting to get me down. I look so much older than my peers I have a pretty full beard, receding hairline, copious amounts of body hair, I am also 6 feet 2 and 92KG meaning I am quite a bit bigger than most of my peers. It also means I have a harder time getting girls because they think I am so much older.
Any advice please? :frown:

Scroll to see replies

shave yer beard
Reply 2
Original post by PrinceOfOrange
shave yer beard

I have thought about doing that actually, but I just look better with a beard (most guys do).
you're only 18? I'm 23 in about 2 weeks...you have your youth - cherish it

Spoiler

Reply 4
you have a beard? well there you go. nothing ages a man more than a beard.
Beard beard beard.
Hair transplant and less facial hair
Reply 7
Original post by Allie4
you have a beard? well there you go. nothing ages a man more than a beard.

But I like my face fur. :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by loveleest
Hair transplant and less facial hair

A hair transplant is something which I may look into in the future, but at the moment I am coping alright, the receeding hairline is just in my genes.
Reply 9
Original post by 999tigger
Beard beard beard.

:beard::beard: I may take it down to a stubble. Another thing which really worries me is that I read something which claimed that Guys who mature much early have more chance of getting prostate cancer and other nasty diseases.
I'm 21 and I feel old lol
Original post by Ishax
I'm 21 and I feel old lol

Ah it's not nice, how come?
Original post by sleepysnooze

Spoiler

You'll at still considered a young person,cherish it . I'm going to be 25 in just over two weeks FML!
Original post by Anonymous
:beard::beard: I may take it down to a stubble. Another thing which really worries me is that I read something which claimed that Guys who mature much early have more chance of getting prostate cancer and other nasty diseases.

Are you at risk?
In the UK, about 1 in 8 men will get prostate cancer at some point in their lives.
Men aged 50 or over, men with a family history of prostate cancer and Black men are more at risk of getting prostate cancer.
Original post by 999tigger
Are you at risk?
In the UK, about 1 in 8 men will get prostate cancer at some point in their lives.
Men aged 50 or over, men with a family history of prostate cancer and Black men are more at risk of getting prostate cancer.

I think my great-uncle had prostate cancer. :s-smilie:
Ah it's not nice, how come?

I just don't know, it feels odd starting your 20s. I've only been 21 for 3 months though, that's probably why
Original post by sleepysnooze

Spoiler

Happy Early Birthday:biggrin:
Original post by queen-bee
You'll at still considered a young person,cherish it . I'm going to be 25 in just over two weeks FML!

Happy Early Birthday:smile:
Original post by tamil fever
Happy Early Birthday:smile:

Thank you
I think my great-uncle had prostate cancer. :s-smilie:

Do you do any research at all before working yourself into a state?

From Macmillan

Family history and prostate cancer risk Most prostate cancers aren’t caused by inherited cancer genes and most men who get prostate cancer don’t have a family history of it.
If you have just one relative who developed prostate cancer at an older age, your risk is unlikely to be very different from other men the same age as you. But prostate cancer can sometimes run in families.
In general, the chance of there being a family link is greater when:

a number of family members have been diagnosed with prostate cancer

the family members were diagnosed at a young age

the family members are closely related.

You might be at increased risk if you have:

one first-degree relative who developed prostate cancer at or under the age of 60 (first-degree relatives are your father, brothers, or sons)

two or more close relatives on the same side of the family who developed prostate cancer (a close relative is a first-degree relative or a second-degree relative, such as a grandfather, grandson, uncle and nephew).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending