The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lostperson
Im going by you haha as i got a similar score and it is massaging my ego.

There is no doubt that you have done better than 80% of people. People are getting confused with the names and that has no effect it's just used to compare what score you have with others.
lol i don't know why assuming u have done better than 2% more people would massage ur ego haha
Original post by Not_a_horse
Mate 2% isn't a massive difference I'm happy either way.

Yeah i was kinda linking it to michaela where she attempted to find her percentage and you can't do it. Seeing as they thought enough to go into the technicalities i spoke about the technicalities even though it's not a big deal.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by YouHaveProblems
Yeah i was kinda linking it to michaela where she attempted to find her percentage and you can't do it. Seeing as they thought enough to go into the technicalities i spoke about the technicalities even though it's not a big deal.

Tbf I didn't do much working out it was more of an estimate lol😂 but saying that, someone said 8th decile was 71%-80% and since I narrowly made it you can assume it's *probably* 71% ish. I don't care at all since now I can see how it's not really relevant/accurate😂 maths is not my strong point anyway hence why I asked so many questions over it lol😂 anyway thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Not_a_horse
Mate 2% isn't a massive difference I'm happy either way.

Haha dw you have a good enough score for like all unis i would imagine either way. Even though the deciles is not uniform, There would be people achieving scores of 2060 and 2070 which very slighty pushes you percentile up haha XD

You can't find exact percentages, I agree. But its always good to approximate for uniform things to give you a better idea just like....the maths module S2 haha
Hey does anyone know what weight GCSEs have for KCL??
Original post by Mathsmad123
You can't find exact percentages, I agree. But its always good to approximate for uniform things to give you a better idea just like....the maths module S2 haha

Mathsmad123 living up to your name I see lmao😏😋

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by michaela__
Mathsmad123 living up to your name I see lmao😏😋

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah because I find maths is the most interesting A level subject. It would be biology if there wasn't SOOO much stuff about plants and ecology and how science works!!!
Yeah because I find maths is the most interesting A level subject. It would be biology if there wasn't SOOO much stuff about plants and ecology and how science works!!!

It's really nice to see and I want to say well done for your A* in further maths it's amazing!! Yeah I agree I'm doing ecology at the min and the lessons make me so tired lol😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's really nice to see and I want to say well done for your A* in further maths it's amazing!! Yeah I agree I'm doing ecology at the min and the lessons make me so tired lol😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks :smile: and i wish there was a biology for medicine people that all schools took like human biology. Ecology is just awful, like i don't care about throwing a bloody quadrat at random to find how many plants there are in it!!!!!😂 And farming too is the worst omg
Quick question anybody use the UKCAT discount code for this year? I asked my school friends if there was one but they didn't know so, having looked online I saw last years was ukcat2015, I typed ukcat2016 and there was a 15% disc. i think. One more Q, I have exactly 1940 in UKCAT am I in 5th or 6th decile???

Biology was much better. I wish i could've done biology versions of further maths and additional further maths
Biology was much better. I wish i could've done biology versions of further maths and additional further maths

Im just so bad at biology haha. what annoys me though is that the unis don't consider these further maths except for exeter who consider it when using tiers.
Im just so bad at biology haha. what annoys me though is that the unis don't consider these further maths except for exeter who consider it when using tiers.

I think it seems unfair especially with how hard further maths is (according to my friends anyway as I don't take it). I wish human bio was more accredited (if that's the right word) by Uni's, as it would be so much more interesting! Like my next topic is immunology and I've read little bits and it seems so good! I got an A last year but since the exams were so hard (55% for an A for edexcel something like that anyway) i'm worried how this year will go.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it seems unfair especially with how hard further maths is (according to my friends anyway as I don't take it). I wish human bio was more accredited (if that's the right word) by Uni's, as it would be so much more interesting! Like my next topic is immunology and I've read little bits and it seems so good! I got an A last year but since the exams were so hard (55% for an A for edexcel something like that anyway) i'm worried how this year will go.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Should be fine tbh. Grade boundaries will shift accordingly so as long as you're prepared you'll be fine. Bio 4 last year was the worst exam I've ever done and everyone in my year thought they were gonna fail, in the end it was 51/90 for an A in that paper lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah true, i guess most people who do further and add. further will tend to get A*/A though because of them doing it alongside maths and taking the initiative to get it as an extra. Other people who do it as one of their three A-levels are doing physics/math/engineering type degrees so they're likely to do good to.
I'm glad i never did it as one of my main a-levels lol. It's considered an extra for me seeing as it's just out of interest and not for an offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, I was getting B's in biology past papers, but as i started memorising mark schemes biology became slightly easier. Its hard because you may put the correct answer but its not in the markscheme! I only got an A in the end because all you needed in AQA unit 5 was 59% for an A!!! Immunology is interesting though :smile:
Yeah true, i guess most people who do further and add. further will tend to get A*/A though because of them doing it alongside maths and taking the initiative to get it as an extra. Other people who do it as one of their three A-levels are doing physics/math/engineering type degrees so they're likely to do good to.
I'm glad i never did it as one of my main a-levels lol. It's considered an extra for me seeing as it's just out of interest and not for an offer.

I shouldn't have taken further maths, I could have chilled so much more lol as it was for NOTHING!!! 3 A levels is all you need as the last thing you want is to miss your offer due to extra work from doing further maths.
Original post by ASTK98
Should be fine tbh. Grade boundaries will shift accordingly so as long as you're prepared you'll be fine. Bio 4 last year was the worst exam I've ever done and everyone in my year thought they were gonna fail, in the end it was 51/90 for an A in that paper lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's true! Like you said though everyone freaks out for a few days after the exam because they think that they didn't get much right which is true but neither did the rest of the country lol😂 just with new spec bio they do even weirder data analysis questions which I can imagine was what tripped everyone up last year at AS. That's another thing about biology, analysing the data about weird irrelevant stuff🙄😴

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah that's true! Like you said though everyone freaks out for a few days after the exam because they think that they didn't get much right which is true but neither did the rest of the country lol😂 just with new spec bio they do even weirder data analysis questions which I can imagine was what tripped everyone up last year at AS. That's another thing about biology, analysing the data about weird irrelevant stuff🙄😴

Posted from TSR Mobile

Biology data analysis was the worst thing I've ever done. Especially data in Ecology related questions, the absolute worst. Good luck lol, so glad I'm done with that nonsense

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending