The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1760
I know this is probably a really stupid question (especially on a medical application forum) but how do I work out what decile I'm in?
Just sent off my ucas ahhhh!!!

It finally feels real now! Thanks for this thread and good luck every one !! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
So I'm debating between Newcastle and Kings. Any advice?
Original post by michrab123

It finally feels real now! Thanks for this thread and good luck every one !! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What r ur stats

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just sent mine off as well. £24 lighter (nothing compared to the £240 the GAMSAT cost me though). Now I wait to see how I did in November!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by michrab123

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Themightylaa
Just sent mine off as well. £24 lighter (nothing compared to the £240 the GAMSAT cost me though). Now I wait to see how I did in November!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where have you guys applied? :smile:
Hey guys, just seen the UKCAT final scores and was wondering if people think an average of 723.3 and Band 2 SJT in UKCAT and predicted a 1st would be worth applying with and what decile this UKCAT score would place me in? :/
Original post by yasminbennett96
Hey guys, just seen the UKCAT final scores and was wondering if people think an average of 723.3 and Band 2 SJT in UKCAT and predicted a 1st would be worth applying with and what decile this UKCAT score would place me in? :/

Worth applying where? And you'd be in the 9th decile
Original post by Medici103
Worth applying where? And you'd be in the 9th decile

Newcastle, Southampton and Kings For GEM and if I'm in the 9th decile what does that mean percentage wise I can never fathom it out?
Newcastle, Southampton and Kings For GEM and if I'm in the 9th decile what does that mean percentage wise I can never fathom it out?

It means you did better than 90% of people taking the test.

I'm in a similar quandary. I'm definitely applying for Barts, Warwick and Southampton but I'm not sure about Newcastle or Kings. I'm guessing that the cut off for Newcastle will be lower this year given the drop in average so you may be ok there. As for Kings, they say they don't have a UKCAT cut off and yet they have a reputation as being UKCAT heavy. The ambiguity puts me off a little. Southampton has a similar cut off to Newcastle IIRC so you may be ok there too.
Ah thank you! And how'd you do on UKCAT? I was shocked at the mean averages when I saw them today I thought they'd be a lot higher. And yeah I had the same problem with Kings but they do say normally those interviewed are those within the top 25%

I got 730 avg. Maybe I should choose Kings over Newcastle then. I just don't know what to do!
Well done! And I know it's so hard to try and make the best decision that gives you the best chance and yeah with your UKCAT score I think you'll be good for Kings :smile: fingers crossed we get interviews
Well done! And I know it's so hard to try and make the best decision that gives you the best chance and yeah with your UKCAT score I think you'll be good for Kings :smile: fingers crossed we get interviews

What's your degree in?
Reply 1774

Do you know if kings invite to interview just based on UKCAT?
Original post by Medici103
What's your degree in?

Medical engineering you?
Original post by GavinJR
Do you know if kings invite to interview just based on UKCAT?

I believe they consider all aspects of application including GCSE and a levels to an extent but focus on UKCAT and personal statement as well as degree so really they look at everything
Medical engineering you?

Undergrad was physiology and masters was biomedicine.
Reply 1778
Any suggestions on where to apply with 633 Average, Band 1 in SJ and 1st class degree and MSc pending? Thanks :smile:
I believe they consider all aspects of application including GCSE and a levels to an extent but focus on UKCAT and personal statement as well as degree so really they look at everything

They do state that exam performance and UKCAT are the most important aspects they consider

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending