The Student Room Group

i need to resit but my teacher says no and i think shes lying?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BasicMistake
What is that supposed to mean?

Anyway, as people have already asked, what exam board are you on?

i cant remeber but i think its AQA or Edexel one of them but most probably AQA.
Original post by MiszShortee786
Hmm.. Thats true however I dont know why this teacher is rejecting you to do the paper if you were 4 marks away... I was 10 marks away and thankfully I am able to re-sit! :smile:

when did you enter for it?
Original post by jakir haque
i cant remeber but i think its AQA or Edexel one of them but most probably AQA.

AQA's deadline has already passed. I've tried looking for Edexcel's but I haven't found it (yet).
AQA's deadline has already passed. I've tried looking for Edexcel's but I haven't found it (yet).

when was the deadline?
when was the deadline?

For AQA? Three days ago.
when did you enter for it?

I was entered automatically

Although my English teacher was also resilient in entering me for the paper too so I went to the exam officer and he asked my grade and he said I was lucky as I was just on the border of being entered(170 ums mark I got)
For AQA? Three days ago.

OH MY GOD i asked my new teacher last week if i can enter and she rejected me, wow is there a way i can report her because im furious about this can she lose her job for rejecting me like this because now i cant do it :frown:.
Original post by MiszShortee786
I was entered automatically

Although my English teacher was also resilient in entering me for the paper too so I went to the exam officer and he asked my grade and he said I was lucky as I was just on the border of being entered(170 ums mark I got)

your lucky my exam officers said my teacher needs to put me through im really upset right now because someone said the deadline for AQA is gone and the exam the new syllabus for english is gone harder :frown:
OH MY GOD i asked my new teacher last week if i can enter and she rejected me, wow is there a way i can report her because im furious about this can she lose her job for rejecting me like this because now i cant do it :frown:.

You can complain but I highly doubt she would lose her job. She hasn't broken any rules.
how can i contact them?

Don't. They do not deal with candidates directly.

The main entry deadline was 4 October so you have missed it. To enter now would cost around double the original fee and it goes up again soon. You can still carry forward the controlled assessment and re-sit in the Summer.
Original post by Compost
Don't. They do not deal with candidates directly.

The main entry deadline was 4 October so you have missed it. To enter now would cost around double the original fee and it goes up again soon. You can still carry forward the controlled assessment and re-sit in the Summer.

but would i have to do it with new exam syllabus in the summer, i cant pass with the new one its gone harder please help me :frown:
but would i have to do it with new exam syllabus in the summer,

No you don't. The old spec is still available in the Summer and you can carry forward your controlled assessment and re-sit it then.
Original post by Compost
No you don't. The old spec is still available in the Summer and you can carry forward your controlled assessment and re-sit it then.

if i cant do it in november this year with the old syllabus and can be entered for the summer one then thanks a looooooooooot for telling me this its made me feel a lot better coz ive been really really sad for the past few days about this. thanks again.

Quick Reply

Latest