The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ASTK98
Biology data analysis was the worst thing I've ever done. Especially data in Ecology related questions, the absolute worst. Good luck lol, so glad I'm done with that nonsense

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha thank you! Hopefully I can say the same in a years time😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay I'm really confused with the deciles and everything, I got a score of 1980, does this mean I did better than at least 60% or 70% of people?
Original post by Anonymous_girll
Okay I'm really confused with the deciles and everything, I got a score of 1980, does this mean I did better than at least 60% or 70% of people?

1980 is still 6th decile if you were 10 higher you would be 7th, so more than top 60% but not top 70%. You can't really find exact percentage since it's a bell curve type graph
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous_girll

Screen Shot 2016-10-07 at 21.40.11.png

1980 means you are in between the 6th mark and the 7th mark. So as you see at the bottom it says 6th is 60th and 7th is 70th. That means you are between 60%-70% so at least 60% of people did worse than you and 30% of people did better than you.
Original post by michaela__
I hope so 👻 now it's a big waiting game for rejections/interviews, one thing leads on to the next 😛

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah. I have been updating my UCAS track multiple times every day because I am ALREADY so scared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TSR is going to need a new thread to move all the UKCAT folk to a thread where everyone can worry on offers!
Original post by .......Jeff458
Yeah. I have been updating my UCAS track multiple times every day because I am ALREADY so scared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TSR is going to need a new thread to move all the UKCAT folk to a thread where everyone can worry on offers!

Mate, why are you torturing yourself already? Uni's don't get your ukcat results until sometime in November.

Last year i was refreshing my emails like mad at school waiting for interview to come, i must have got my phone confiscated like 10 times!! they even kept it over the weekend ffs!!!
Where Would 1950(650) be best for,
Manchester rules out right

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah definitely we need that thread 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys,

Do you think it's too much of a gamble to apply to Barts medicine with 480 ucas and 2150 (716) on UKCAT? Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by Heisenberg___
Hey guys,

Do you think it's too much of a gamble to apply to Barts medicine with 480 ucas and 2150 (716) on UKCAT? Thanks in advance :smile:

Why exactly would that be a risk? Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by YouHaveProblems
Hey does anyone know what weight GCSEs have for KCL??

Big one
Original post by ASTK98
Why exactly would that be a risk? Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because to select candidates for interview, they rank ukcat and ucas 50:50. They give equal preference to predications and achieved ucas points. Most people that apply here have super high tariffs bc they've done extra A-Levels or the IB or music qualifications.
If my dodgy iPhone calculator is correct then these are the averages without DA: 2012 at the top to 2016 at the bottom.
So the average this year is actually quite decent tbf.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7234
Original post by Lostperson
it turns out we are in the 9th!!!! even better!

So with 2110 am I in the 9th?!!
Original post by Lemauricien
Where Would 1950(650) be best for,
Manchester rules out right

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've already applied with 1960, tbh it all depends on Manchester now...
Original post by Heisenberg___
Because to select candidates for interview, they rank ukcat and ucas 50:50. They give equal preference to predications and achieved ucas points. Most people that apply here have super high tariffs bc they've done extra A-Levels or the IB or music qualifications.

Your tariff is quite high though, plus I'm pretty sure your UKCAT score puts you in the 9th decile

Posted from TSR Mobile
The deciles are the EXACT same as in 2014 without DA and that's when Manchester had the 58th percentile cut off!
There is still hope!!!

Hey! May i know what ucas track is for hahahah
Original post by michaela__
If my dodgy iPhone calculator is correct then these are the averages without DA: 2012 at the top to 2016 at the bottom.
So the average this year is actually quite decent tbf.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It shows the averages in 2015 already i think. I thought the average was going to increase seeing as QR and AR were much easier this year for everyone because a lot more got over 800 but i guess not, perhaps it got weighed down by VR. Everyone on here seemed to have got a lot more

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending