Indeed. I am older than the Internet :shakecane:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

that is amazing.
i admire you so much <3
Original post by Anonymous
that is amazing.
i admire you so much <3

So you should! They were tough times, the pre-Internet/pre-smart phone days :sadnod: :nopity: :sadnod:
So you should! They were tough times, the pre-Internet/pre-smart phone days :sadnod: :nopity: :sadnod:

no i just mean because you have made it to 28 and that is amazing because it is hard enough rn to want to survive the night nevermind get to 28 :redface:
:hugs:

My 6 yr old nephew was marvelling at the fact that I'm older than the Harry Potter series today. Turns out I'm 10 years older

But I like being old enough to remember no computers and dial up connection. And being told your download would take 27 years and just giving up lol
no i just mean because you have made it to 28 and that is amazing because it is hard enough rn to want to survive the night nevermind get to 28 :redface:

There have been plenty of times when I've thought I wouldn't make it to this age, tbh. It can be very hard to keep going! But I live in hope that I can somehow, someday, live a better quality of life :redface:

Original post by ~Tara~
My 6 yr old nephew was marvelling at the fact that I'm older than the Harry Potter series today. Turns out I'm 10 years older

But I like being old enough to remember no computers and dial up connection. And being told your download would take 27 years and just giving up lol

Dial up connection :afraid: :hide: :ahhhhh:

Those were the days! :moon:
Thanks hun, I appreciate you writing and showing your support, always :lovehug:

I'm guessing you have heard of schemas in your therapy/in your own training? It sounds like this person has activated some of yours in quite a strong way. I am concerned about the impact reuniting with this person may have on you and your recovery :frown: It's ultimately your decision but maybe you should bring this up in your next therapy session? :colondollar:

Absolutely no judgement from me though, coz I do the same thing with people all the time. I can't seem to get away from people who treat me badly or trigger my schemas. In fact, I seem to be really drawn to them in a really alarming way :sigh: So I really DO understand, even though the situations may be different :console: :sadnod: :jumphug:

I can imagine my therapist reminding me that I can't heal whilst I'm re-triggering the thing to heal from. Probably put better than that because he has a better way with words.

This week is so long. I really want therapy and to be with therapist, the only person who seems to be able to talk to real me. I spent time with my dad today, whom therapist and I are uncovering dark memories about, and he was normal. I got no weird vibes and now I feel like a liar. But then today I can't remember some stuff i know happened for definite so...memory sucks.

--

Had hospital app today. Now have to have hearing aids. Gonna be strange
I'm a lot older than you, remember! :tongue: I turn 28 in just over 2 weeks!!! :shakecane:

No worries :h:

I turn 18 in just over two weeks. (Roughly. I have a basic rota which means it's like two weeks away lol)

I'm older than Google! :tongue:
Also I really appreciate your posts and support too TLG x
Original post by ~Tara~
I can imagine my therapist reminding me that I can't heal whilst I'm re-triggering the thing to heal from. Probably put better than that because he has a better way with words.

This week is so long. I really want therapy and to be with therapist, the only person who seems to be able to talk to real me. I spent time with my dad today, whom therapist and I are uncovering dark memories about, and he was normal. I got no weird vibes and now I feel like a liar. But then today I can't remember some stuff i know happened for definite so...memory sucks.

--

Had hospital app today. Now have to have hearing aids. Gonna be strange

I don't know your therapist, obviously, but I can well imagine he would say something to that effect. Because it is the truth :sadnod: (I'm such a hypocrite for lecturing you about this, I know, but I'm honestly concerned :frown: )

The time in between therapy appointments can really drag and be hard, isn't it? :frown:

You're not a liar! :hugs: Not too sure of the history there but I'd wage that your dad is in the wrong here, NOT you :hugs: Hold on to that knowledge that he did whatever he did, and that it was not your fault :hugs:

You're very welcome x

Original post by Midnightmemories
I turn 18 in just over two weeks. (Roughly. I have a basic rota which means it's like two weeks away lol)

I'm older than Google! :tongue:

18, pffffft. I was 18 ten years ago :shakecane:

:teehee:
I don't know your therapist, obviously, but I can well imagine he would say something to that effect. Because it is the truth :sadnod: (I'm such a hypocrite for lecturing you about this, I know, but I'm honestly concerned :frown: )

The time in between therapy appointments can really drag and be hard, isn't it? :frown:

You're not a liar! :hugs: Not too sure of the history there but I'd wage that your dad is in the wrong here, NOT you :hugs: Hold on to that knowledge that he did whatever he did, and that it was not your fault :hugs:

You're very welcome x

Not a hypocrite at all. If I sit and do what I help others to stop doing..and somehow still not be one then you're definitely not one :smile:

It seems silly to be like I can't stop..after a day. But, I can't. I need him. I'll find a way to be more level headed about it.

----

Id argue it was my fault but probably wouldn't win.
(edited 7 years ago)

You're very welcome x

You old fart! :giggle: (no offence is meant by this!!!)

When's your birthday? Mines the 20th... I wanna see how close yours is to mine now :tongue: you don't have to give it to me though!
Original post by ~Tara~
Not a hypocrite at all. If I sit and do what I help others to stop doing..and somehow still not be one then you're definitely not one :smile:

It seems silly to be like I can't stop..after a day. But, I can't. I need him. I'll find a way to be more level headed about it.

----

Id argue it was my fault but probably wouldn't win.

It's not silly at all. Try not to be so hard on yourself. It's hard to keep level-headed when different personalities are involved.

TRIGGER WARNING FOR ABUSE

Spoiler

Original post by Midnightmemories
You old fart! :giggle: (no offence is meant by this!!!)

When's your birthday? Mines the 20th... I wanna see how close yours is to mine now :tongue: you don't have to give it to me though!

YOUTH OF TODAY, NO RESPECT FOR ELDERS, GRRRRRR :shakecane: :mob: :security:

:tongue:

Mine is the 23rd :awesome:
Love my TSR friends :grouphugs:
Original post by iEthan
Love my TSR friends :grouphugs:

i hope i count if not this is awkward :rofl:
love u too :cube:

----------
sometimes i dont want them to go bc it is my own world. i can think whatever and i dont have to be ashamed of the things that come up because no-one can see them.
i suppose in that way it is liberating although it is hard to think that when u wake up in some panic thing with palpitations at 4am.
i would miss them in a strange way tho as they are constant when everything else is not.
i hope i count if not this is awkward :rofl:
love u too :cube:

Of course you count :cube: love you lots and lots :hugs:
You be careful too. Huge hugs :frown:

:jumphug:

Thanks, lovely! I feel a little better, so hopefully I won't go downhill again :hugs:
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Thanks, lovely! I feel a little better, so hopefully I won't go downhill again :hugs:

Fingers crossed :hugs:
Constant from the voices that I deserved it all and I brought it on myself and it's all my fault. Something wrong with me to make people want to do what they did to me and I deserved it all and that's why I scare people all off and they all hate me and avoid me and it's my fault and try to keep people not hating me and always afail. So sick of the nightmares but at he same time jaust want to sleep
It's not silly at all. Try not to be so hard on yourself. It's hard to keep level-headed when different personalities are involved.

TRIGGER WARNING FOR ABUSE

Spoiler

YOUTH OF TODAY, NO RESPECT FOR ELDERS, GRRRRRR :shakecane: :mob: :security:

:tongue:

Mine is the 23rd :awesome:

Hoping spoiler thing works..probably should use more often than I have been doing, sorry

TW for abuse

Spoiler

It's a strange time of believing and feeling like both versions are true. And why I just jumped on this old friend. Child part was feeling unlovable and all old feelings id blocked from childhood started coming up.

Should have just sat with them and "processed"
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest