The Student Room Group

Any easy A levels?

Hey guys, at the moment I am taking Psychology A level as one of my A level options and I am finding it very hard as I cannot balance my time effectively with my other subjects (Mathematics and Business). I talked to the head of school and they game a few options that I can do instead of doing Psychology:

-History
-Chemistry
-Biology
-RS
-Sociology

I have scrapped a C in History GCSE so I don't think it would be a good idea if I took it for A levels, However, I got B's in bio and chemistry but I heard Chemistry is one of the hardest A levels.

What should I change psychology to? Suggestions would be great!
(edited 7 years ago)
Easy A level is the one where you arw geninunely interested in and will look forward to lessons.

So think about what subject there interests you and what your highest GCSE grades were.
RS and sociology are supposedly very easy
Reply 3
Original post by SuperHuman98
Easy A level is the one where you arw geninunely interested in and will look forward to lessons.

So think about what subject there interests you and what your highest GCSE grades were.

I don't really mind as long as it is the easiest, as I want to get into the finance industry I would not really mind my 3rd A level as I need 3A's for a Russell Group Uni
Reply 4
Original post by Mr Moon Man
RS and sociology are supposedly very easy

Is sociology considered as a SOFT subject for unis when you are applying? How is it, I mean will it save me a lot of time rather than me doing Psych?
Original post by A* levels
I don't really mind as long as it is the easiest, as I want to get into the finance industry I would not really mind my 3rd A level as I need 3A's for a Russell Group Uni

What about doing further maths? I would say RS is best in terms of respect and ease. But if you dont care about religion you will find it boring and if you hate essays you will find it hard, well you would have to practice of course.
Is sociology considered as a SOFT subject for unis when you are applying? How is it, I mean will it save me a lot of time rather than me doing Psych?

It's a very soft subject, probably one of the softest. From what my friends have told me, it's very easy and you barely have to revise for it.
Hey guys, at the moment I am taking Psychology A level as one of my A level options and I am finding it very hard as I cannot balance my time effectively with my other subjects (Mathematics and Business). I talked to the head of school and they game a few options that I can do instead of doing Psychology:

-History
-Chemistry
-Biology
-RS
-Sociology

I have scrapped a C in History GCSE so I don't think it would be a good idea if I took it for A levels, However, I got B's in bio and chemistry but I heard Chemistry is one of the hardest A levels.

RS and Sociology are the easiest on there.
Sociology and english language so far are quite easy, apparently philosophy is really hard tho, harder than chem!
Reply 9
It's a subjective question. One person may find Chemistry very easy due to the logical nature of the course. That same person may find Psychology quite difficult due to the amount of essay work and memorizing that's involved.

If you're doing Maths, Chemistry would be a good complement.

Chemistry and Biology are also considered to be more highly regarded subjects than RS and Sociology.

Although don't let that put you off, it's far better to do something you're actually interested in than just doing something for the sake of prestige or to please others.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 10
i am doing chemistry, biology , psychology and level 3 maths, i find chemistry easy, and as i got to the uk one year ago, ii am finding psychology hard because my essay writing skills are BAD. My teacher told me to change it for statistics is Statistics easier than psychology or at least respected(question mark) do you know... sorry i cannot write a question mark in this computer
Original post by Mr Moon Man
It's a very soft subject, probably one of the softest. From what my friends have told me, it's very easy and you barely have to revise for it.

I wouldnt say that its that easy that you barely have to revise for it. You still have to revise for it well just like any other subjects.
And some unis do consider it soft yes, but not quite as soft as you say.
I'm applying to sociology at uni! I find it easy and I got an A at AS, but that's only because I'm genuinely passionate about what I'm studying and learning about. Last year, so many people in my year got Es and Us. Pick what you find interesting.

-History
-Chemistry
-Biology
-RS
-Sociology

Chemistry and biology are very difficult, I wouldn't recommend taking them unless you want a career that requires them or you really love them because they are incredibly difficult, more so than psychology! History is hard too, I take it and although I am doing well I did get an A* at GCSE. The workload with history is the most demanding part, and it requires a very mature writing style. However RS and sociology are good choices, if you enjoy psychology but find it hard, sociology is the natural option as it dwells on similar areas, it has been made harder in recent years but all my friends who take it really enjoy it which makes the work easier because you shouldn't take something unless you love it.

Quick Reply

Latest