The Student Room Group

Which unis interview for Chem Eng?

I know some interview if you live nearby but other than Oxbridge, do any interview?

Thanks!
Reply 1
Imperial, UCL, Manchester, Bath, Loughborough and Leeds also require interviews (or open days) for Chem Eng applicants. Others don't.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Alzimondo
I know some interview if you live nearby but other than Oxbridge, do any interview?

Thanks!

Apart from Oxbridge and to an extent Imperial, the interviews at other universities is not a significant part of their academic assessment. It's just an informal chance for them to meet you and for you to ask a few questions about the course.

Nearly everyone called for interview gets a offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Thanks!

I've never known universities to interview for Chemical Engineering, even at Russell Groups. If you're not planning on going to Imperial, Oxford, Cambridge or Bath, then more of the onus will be on your personal statement and academic qualifications.
Reply 4
Original post by jake4198
I've never known universities to interview for Chemical Engineering, even at Russell Groups. If you're not planning on going to Imperial, Oxford, Cambridge or Bath, then more of the onus will be on your personal statement and academic qualifications.

Many do, including as just one example, Loughborough.

But, as I said above, they are informal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by ML8020
Imperial, UCL, Manchester, Bath, Loughborough and Leeds also require interviews (or open days) for Chem Eng applicants. Others don't.

Original post by jneill
Apart from Oxbridge and to an extent Imperial, the interviews at other universities is not a significant part of their academic assessment. It's just an informal chance for them to meet you and for you to ask a few questions about the course.

Nearly everyone called for interview gets a offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by jake4198

Thanks a lot for the replies, it's much appreciated!
Thanks a lot for the replies, it's much appreciated!

You're welcome.

Quick Reply

Latest