The Student Room Group

Which degree for investement banking?

I am thinking of finance if I get into LSE however universities such as Warwick , UCL and Imperial do not offer a finance degree. Would an Economics degree be better or would an Economics and Maths degree be better?
Im planning to do a Maths With Economics Degree at LSE or UCL then maybe a masters in econ to give me an edge in both, to go into investment banking
Original post by fleky6910
I am thinking of finance if I get into LSE however universities such as Warwick , UCL and Imperial do not offer a finance degree. Would an Economics degree be better or would an Economics and Maths degree be better?

Well dont air me then u mug
Original post by Nuggetsarelife
Well dont air me then u mug

Sorry , thanks for your input , what year you in?
Degree doesn't matter, your uni does :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry , thanks for your input , what year you in?

13 and yh aim for top uni
13 and yh aim for top uni

What A levels you doing and are you going to do STEP?
What A levels you doing and are you going to do STEP?

Maths
Further Maths
Economics
(Done Physics for AS)

and NO to STEP but im gonna do AEA
Maths
Further Maths
Economics
(Done Physics for AS)

Have you got any conditional offers from universities , which ones and what grade do you need to get at A level?
Also for AEA do you need to revise extra content or does it cover the same content as further maths and a level maths?
(edited 7 years ago)
Maths and economics will open up all the options in banking, more than a finance degree.
Have you got any conditional offers from universities , which ones and what grade do you need to get at A level?
Also for AEA do you need to revise extra content or does it cover the same content as further maths and a level maths?

Haven't sent in my application yet, aim for a top uni, AEA is content from C1-C4
Haven't sent in my application yet, aim for a top uni, AEA is content from C1-C4

Ok thanks for your help
Maths
Further Maths
Economics
(Done Physics for AS)

So you reckon a maths and economics degree from LSE would get you into investment banking? However maths and economics from Warwick and UCL have higher requirements than LSE so what do you reckon?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by DamnDaniel2
Degree doesn't matter, your uni does :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

So maths and economics from LSE would get me into investment banking?
However maths and economics from Warwick and UCL have higher requirements than LSE so what do you reckon?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest