The Student Room Group

Girls, is being funny attractive?

I've heard many times that girls like funny but I don't know if it's actually true or just one of those things people say. But we're anonymous here so it's better than real life for admitting things (so please be sincere!).

So, do you find funny guys more attractive? is it important to you that a guy is funny and makes you laugh? isn't being funny or silly immature?

Scroll to see replies

Yes, funny guys are very attractive although sometimes its not good to be funny all the time because girls can get annoyed with the constant immature behaviour. Also, there is a need to be mindful of what you're joking about, some guys make terrible blunt jokes on women and how they can't do anything; that's only funny for men, not for women.

I would pick a guy who makes me laugh over a doll face with no personality. There are some guys who are really good looking and when you talk to them, they are so dry and the only thing they know is how to study.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I've heard many times that girls like funny but I don't know if it's actually true or just one of those things people say. But we're anonymous here so it's better than real life for admitting things (so please be sincere!).

So, do you find funny guys more attractive? is it important to you that a guy is funny and makes you laugh? isn't being funny or silly immature?

Well, funny is a different thing. I would say humor adds more to your personality. Funny may be vulgar or stupid, but humor is something that is done within the limits.
Yes, very. A good sense of humour and lots of laughs is really important to me. You have to remember though that your idea of funny might not match another person's idea of it
Yes

Hello

I think guys who are funny are very attractive and it personally makes me like them more, because it lovely if you can make a girl laugh, especially when that girl is down.

Being funny aint silly or immature it shows you have a good personality. As long as you dont go to far with being funny when a girl wants to be left alone or doesnt want to laugh.
Yes. :smile:
Reply 7
There's nothing better than a guy who can make you laugh :colondollar: there's a difference from being funny and lighthearted and to being immature and most people know the difference.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah
Reply 9
Original post by Applepiex3
Yes, funny guys are very attractive although sometimes its not good to be funny all the time because girls can get annoyed with the constant immature behaviour. Also, there is a need to be mindful of what you're joking about, some guys make terrible blunt jokes on women and how they can't do anything; that's only funny for men, not for women.

I would pick a guy who makes me laugh over a doll face with no personality. There are some guys who are really good looking and when you talk to them, they are so dry and the only thing they know is how to study.

Jokes against women aren't funny for men either. Most men anyway.

But humour is blunt - that's part of what makes it funny.
YES YES YES
If you're boring I'm not even gonna talk to you
But don't try too hard lol
You gotta be a natural
yes every girl loves a guy with humor that knows how to make her laugh at the right times
Jokes against women aren't funny for men either. Most men anyway.

But humour is blunt - that's part of what makes it funny.

I am not saying all guys but some guys I have known aren't blunt, they are just straight up rude for attention.

I can see you're not like that so don't worry :wink:
Hell yes!
Clever funny and witty is important, I like a guy who can make me laugh and tease me in nice ways. I don't like immature crazy behaviour posing as funny, or guys who make a whole big thing of being funny when it actually just grinds. It has to be just there as a nice casual part of his personality. :love:
Original post by Rhaenys10
YES YES YES
If you're boring I'm not even gonna talk to you
But don't try too hard lol
You gotta be a natural

Yeah I think I know what you mean. Guys who make jokes about every possible situation like your grandma passing away.
Yeah I think I know what you mean. Guys who make jokes about every possible situation like your grandma passing away.

No I'm not talking about that
I was thinking about those guys who aren't actually funny at all but they look up jokes on the internet trying to be cool :rofl:
No I'm not talking about that
I was thinking about those guys who aren't actually funny at all but they look up jokes on the internet trying to be cool :rofl:

Who the **** does that?
Who the **** does that?

I dunno. You came on TSR to ask if girls like funny guys, so maybe you're that type of guy
I dunno. You came on TSR to ask if girls like funny guys, so maybe you're that type of guy

Maybe :ninja:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending