The Student Room Group

Trump caught on tape talking about sexually harassing women

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Trapz99
Leaked transcripts of Hillary Clinton's speeches to Goldman Sachs and other Wall Street banks also got released today. Why doesn't anyone care about that?

Same reason tabloids and gossip magazines sell so well. The public loves a scandal like this, especially when it's so easy to understand.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TishoHristov
Well, I just posted them as pictures so that it looks fancy. They are taken from the Podesta emails that were released last night. You can find them yourself or I can link you to them.
I already explained what I think these quotes mean. It seems that it is you who struggles to understand them.

And yes, I hardly get offended because, unlike most people in the West nowadays, I have a sense of humour, dark is included too. Sometimes you have to learn to take a joke and stop being so easily offended.

I dont see the connection and you failed to explain what the significance of each quote was. That's what I was after. You just launched into the idea of calling her Angela Merkel.

I am open minded as to what they mean because they have various ways of being interpreted. You cnat really tell without knowing all the context and background. I was hoping you would give the forum the benefit of your expertise, so they could assess your interpretation and whether they agreed with it and whether your conclusion had any merit.

DOES ANYONE ELSE KNOW WHAT THOSE QUOTES MEAN AND WHY THEY ARE SIGNIFICANT?

Again whether you or I find it offensive or being a misogynist is a bad thing is neither here nor there. It will be interesting to see what the voters think of it.
Original post by Unown Uzer
This is exactly why Trump is polling at such high numbers - people are fighting against this ultra-political correctness!

What do you mean "at such high numbers"? He's losing by a noticeable margin.
They prefer someone who has been surrounded with scandals since Watergate, rather than a non-establishment person with 50 years of business experience. It's just mind-boggling.

Lol at the idea that Trump is "non-establishment". He's been rolling in it his entire life.
Original post by 999tigger
I dont see the connection and you failed to explain what the significance of each quote was. That's what I was after. You just launched into the idea of calling her Angela Merkel.

I am open minded as to what they mean because they have various ways of being interpreted. You cnat really tell without knowing all the context and background. I was hoping you would give the forum the benefit of your expertise, so they could assess your interpretation and whether they agreed with it and whether your conclusion had any merit.

DOES ANYONE ELSE KNOW WHAT THOSE QUOTES MEAN AND WHY THEY ARE SIGNIFICANT?

Again whether you or I find it offensive or being a misogynist is a bad thing is neither here nor there. It will be interesting to see what the voters think of it.

By comparing her to Angela Merkel I meant the similarity of their ideas for open borders, which would increase the security threat in the USA and would endanger the race relations even more. I'm getting tired of pointlessly replying to these so I will just post the whole document here and everyone should be able to judge for themselves. I suggest we just wait and see what the polls will say after the emails, the debate and the tapes. But then again, the Brexit referendum showed that you can never be absolutely sure what will happen on election day.

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/927#efmAZGAdj
(edited 7 years ago)
I strongly dislike Trump, but wasn't Bill still "dicking bimbos" around the same time as this quote?
Disgusting that people are still defending him. *

This is exactly why Trump says 'political correctness is killing' the US. This is just a bit of banter between guys, but the SJWs and establishment media are crying 'sexist' and 'misogynist' and whatnot. This is exactly why Trump is polling at such high numbers - people are fighting against this ultra-political correctness!

What would you deem to be sexist and misogynistic behaviour then? Saying that you would assault a woman and force yourself on her isn't in your eyes sexist, misogynistic and predatory? Trump is pure scum.
Original post by oShahpo
I wonder how you would feel if "Nancy" was your mom.
I wonder how you would feel if I talked about your mom, with a friend of mine, on record, saying that I would "Move on her like a *****, even though she's married", and that I "Grab women by the pussy" because I am famous. Are you still okay with it? After all it's just banter right?

I also wonder how a man who would 'grab a women by the pussy" stand for women's rights?
"Oh, in the mornings I stand up for women's rights and their rights not to be sexually harassed in the streets and the workplace, but in the evenings I move on them like *****es", perhaps this makes sense to you.

Obviously, a group of lads making sexual jokes about women does not mean that they will go and sexually assault women. Unfortunately, SJWs fail to see that and have no sense of humour at all.
Original post by midnightice
Disgusting that people are still defending him. *

What would you deem to be sexist and misogynistic behaviour then? Saying that you would assault a woman and force yourself on her isn't in your eyes sexist, misogynistic and predatory? Trump is pure scum.

Obviously, Trump was joking. Not to mention, he never said that he would 'grab her pussy' without her consent, so there is nothing to suggest he would assault a woman or force himself on her. This is hardly sexist or misogynistic behaviour - sexist behaviour refers to behaviour in which there is discrimination against the other sex and misogynistic behaviour refers to behaviour that indicates a hatred of women. I don't see such behaviour in what he said.
Original post by drowzee
Sexual harassment is now only a SJW problem? What a load of ****. You two are the worst kind of people out there; anyone that points out and condemns misogyny or racism is now a SJW according to people like you. Pathetic. :rolleyes:

Firstly, there is no sexual harassment in the video. It is the fact that you lot are accusing him of sexual harassment when there is no sexual harassment that makes you lot SJWs.

Secondly, there is no misogyny either. SJWs just want to call as many things misogyny, as that fits their myth that we are living in a patriarchal, misogynist society.
Original post by 999tigger
So you think it shows him in a good light and its harmless fun?
You approve of his views and what he said?
It will appeal to the voters if he does more of it?

I think that this shows that he is not another one of those politically correct political class and shows that he makes jokes like many normal people do between friends.

While I do not approve of all his views, there are many things on which I agree with him.

I think that many people in the American public (who are not part of the metropolitan elite) will find this appealing, as it demonstrates to them that he has a good sense of humour. Just think back to the SJWs' pathetic attempt to label him as being sexist/misogynistic for saying that women who have abortions should be punished. How the hell is that sexist? You get a bunch of pathetic, so-called 'conservatives' who call abortion murder, but say that women should not be punished if they have abortions. If abortions are murder, then the women who have abortions are accomplices to murder, and should therefore be punished. But because even those 'conservatives' are a bunch of politically correct pussies, they aren't willing to say this. Many American people, seeing that Trump is the only person running for president who is in fighting against the imposition of political correctness by the establishment, support him, which is why the establishment are so baffled that Trump was able to become the Republican nominee. They were laughing at the suggestion that he would become the Republican nominee when he announced his bid to run.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AlexanderHam
Really? You think describing acts of sexual assault is harmless banter?

Tell me, when was the last time you slept with a woman who wasn't crying or demanding payment?

Of course it's just harmless banter. Many lads make jokes like that between friends, but it's not like they are going to sexually assault anybody.

If you think that having a sense of humour means that I sleep with women who are crying or demanding payment, then you really need to get your brain checked.
Firstly, there is no sexual harassment in the video. It is the fact that you lot are accusing him of sexual harassment when there is no sexual harassment that makes you lot SJWs.

Secondly, there is no misogyny either. SJWs just want to call as many things misogyny, as that fits their myth that we are living in a patriarchal, misogynist society.

He said this: “Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.” You're telling me that's harassment?

“Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything.” This isn't misogynistic?

The lengths people go to in order to defend a rich powerful man makes me laugh. :lol: If only people spent as much energy calling out racists and sexists, maybe we'd live in a better world.
Original post by drowzee
He said this: “Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.” You're telling me that's harassment?

“Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything.” This isn't misogynistic?

The lengths people go to in order to defend a rich powerful man makes me laugh. :lol: If only people spent as much energy calling out racists and sexists, maybe we'd live in a better world.

Those were obviously jokes and are in no way misogynistic. I only call out actual racists and sexists, not whoever SJWs decide to call sexist or racist. If only there were no more SJWs, maybe we'd live in a better world.
Original post by drowzee
Sexual harassment is now only a SJW problem? What a load of ****. You two are the worst kind of people out there; anyone that points out and condemns misogyny or racism is now a SJW according to people like you. Pathetic. :rolleyes:

The guy was just having a bit of banter p- it's not 'sexual harassment' calm down
Firstly, there is no sexual harassment in the video.

Secondly, there is no misogyny either. .

How is it possible to be this deluded?
Those were obviously jokes and are in no way misogynistic. I only call out actual racists and sexists, not whoever SJWs decide to call sexist or racist. If only there were no more SJWs, maybe we'd live in a better world.

Leave them. They are a lost cause. I have converted commies to capitalism more easily than Clinton supporters. I think we will never know what makes them so stubborn when defending a person with such a past.
Leave them. They are a lost cause. I have converted commies to capitalism more easily than Clinton supporters. I think we will never know what makes them so stubborn when defending a person with such a past.

The irony
Original post by HopelessMedic
The irony

Trump is not an angel but he is the lesser of two evils. With only a little research and some of your time, you'll see that Hillary has been surrounded by scandals ever since Watergate, while Trump is often just an agent provocateur. You decide - do you prefer someone who has called women some things many years ago or do you prefer someone who is responsible for multiple deaths and taking "donations" (fancy word for "corruption") from dictators?
Trump is not an angel but he is the lesser of two evils. With only a little research and some of your time, you'll see that Hillary has been surrounded by scandals ever since Watergate, while Trump is often just an agent provocateur. You decide - do you prefer someone who has called women some things many years ago or do you prefer someone who is responsible for multiple deaths and taking "donations" (fancy word for "corruption":wink: from dictators?

I actually agree that Hilary is the worse option. However its embarrassing to try and defend his comments and pass them off as "banter". Even Trump himself knows that he ****ed up, You can dislike Hilary as much as you want but that doesn't mean you blindly support and defend everything Trump says and does.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending