The Student Room Group

Ask a girl out via email?

I live in London. I know I have posted a few similar questions, for which I am sorry. This question relates to a post on a previous question.

I am a shy male who doesn't have the confidence to go and ask a girl out when her friends are there. I was thinking of asking her out via email as I would find it easier to get to know her in a cafe rather than at school. Should I go for it and ask this girl out via email???

Scroll to see replies

they say romance is dead
Email? Are we in the mid 90s?
Though I appreciate that you're shy, email really isn't appropriate. *It's not a business transaction or discussion with a tutor! *If you want, then you could email her asking if you could meet privately when she has a minute and then ask her in person, but please don't do it by email!
Reply 4
I understand you are shy and how nerve racking it can be to ask someone out face to face or over the phone/email etc but you will gain a lot more respect from the person you ask out if you do it face to face plus it is good practice at hopefully overcoming your shyness. Even if you did ask her out over email and she said yes, you would still have to meet her after that and I imagine your nerves would be higher since you are now meeting her as a partner and not just a friend.
Don't be silly, we all know it's better if you ask her in person.
Original post by Dave Peterson
I live in London. I know I have posted a few similar questions, for which I am sorry. This question relates to a post on a previous question.

I am a shy male who doesn't have the confidence to go and ask a girl out when her friends are there. I was thinking of asking her out via email as I would find it easier to get to know her in a cafe rather than at school. Should I go for it and ask this girl out via email???

Are we in 2005 or what? :toofunny:
Reply 7
Asking out by email is a bad strategy. It displays lack of courage which is never an attractive trait. But worst of all is the hideous wait after you have sent the message, which gets worse and worse the longer the delay before (or if) you get a reply. Far, far, better to push forward nerves and all - afaint heart never won a fair lady etc.. - and ask her out face to face. You get immediate feedback. and ultimately what ever happens it feels better. Good luck.
PRSOM
Judging by this thread it seems I am one of the few people left who use email to communicate.

This dodo enjoys the island.
(edited 7 years ago)
Check the mirror. Is your hair on point? Walk up to her. Breathe. Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out sometime? (or say a date, so she can't keep avoiding it) Win or lose, you tried.
Aw cute :h:

Although it is kind of dated to ask her out over email if you haven't got any other means and you really are to shy to ask her face to face then there's no harm in just asking if she wants to meet for coffee over email and then just say you're sorry you're asking over email it's just because you don't have her number...

If you do have her number message her that way instead.
Original post by Little Popcorns
Aw cute :h:

Although it is kind of dated to ask her out over email if you haven't got any other means and you really are to shy to ask her face to face then there's no harm in just asking if she wants to meet for coffee over email and then just say you're sorry you're asking over email it's just because you don't have her number...

If you do have her number message her that way instead.

Yeah ive got her number so i will do that thanks for the advice!!!
Please just go up to her and talk to her rhen alone ask her out? Are you shy? If you do it by email then you will be shy on the date. Get out of your comfort zone
If you wanna be ignored and a first class ticket to the friend zone then go for it. Seriously nothing turns women off more than a lack of confidence, believe me i know.

I suggest working on your confidence a little more and then asking the girl out in person, ideally when she's not surrounded by her friends.
Reply 15

EMAIL?! hahah
Email? Interesting

Posted from TSR Mobile
Please don't do this via email omg LOL

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you're even considering this than you should... Can't finish this sentence without getting banned, apologies
Ask her in person when she's not surrounded by her friends.

This might make me sound awful, but if a guy did that to me that baby would be screenshot and instantly forwarded to my best friend and my mother so they can laugh at it too.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest