The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Medici103
Undergrad was physiology and masters was biomedicine.

Very good! Where you applying?
Original post by yasminbennett96
Very good! Where you applying?

Warwick, Barts, Southampton, and either Newcastle or Kings, if I can ever make up my mind!
Warwick, Barts, Southampton, and either Newcastle or Kings, if I can ever make up my mind!

I know the feeling there was torn between Warwick and Kings! What's your UKCAT score?
I know the feeling there was torn between Warwick and Kings! What's your UKCAT score?

730, you asked me that earlier! :smile:
Original post by Akz18
Any suggestions on where to apply with 633 Average, Band 1 in SJ and 1st class degree and MSc pending? Thanks :smile:

Maybe Newcastle as they don't state a specific threshold and possibly Southampton if you have the Chemistry A Level at grade C. Also depends on your A Level results for universities such as Birmingham who don't require an entry exam. I'd google "graduate entry medicine" and look at the medical school entry requirements for graduates for each one :smile:
730, you asked me that earlier! :smile:

oh yeah sorry been a long day haha :smile: good luck with your application with wherever you decide :smile:
oh yeah sorry been a long day haha :smile: good luck with your application with wherever you decide :smile:

Thank you! You too!
Reply 1787
Thank you! :smile: I didn't do well in my A levels so Southampton and Birmingham are a no :/ so far only KCL and QM are the only Universities who look only at degree classifications and not A levels
Maybe Newcastle as they don't state a specific threshold and possibly Southampton if you have the Chemistry A Level at grade C. Also depends on your A Level results for universities such as Birmingham who don't require an entry exam. I'd google "graduate entry medicine" and look at the medical school entry requirements for graduates for each one :smile:
No problem :smile: and you might have a chance with Newcastle they don't specify any a levels either and I know I didn't do too great in a level either so I had same problem :smile:
Reply 1789
I'll give them a call on Monday and see what they say about A levels for the GEM course, I think the course is more for health professionals from what they've mentioned. Good luck with your application :smile:
No problem :smile: and you might have a chance with Newcastle they don't specify any a levels either and I know I didn't do too great in a level either so I had same problem :smile:
Probably best to call them :smile: and thank you! You too :smile:
Reply 1791
Thank you :smile:
Probably best to call them :smile: and thank you! You too :smile:
Original post by NafNaf39
Where have you guys applied? :smile:

Barts warwick and kings (both Grad +UG)

Where are you applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1793
Original post by Akz18
Thank you! :smile: I didn't do well in my A levels so Southampton and Birmingham are a no :/ so far only KCL and QM are the only Universities who look only at degree classifications and not A levels

in case you don't know, Southampton don't really care about A levels except chemistry at grade C. I didn't sit chemistry and they've still said i can apply as my degree had enough chemistry content, so you might be alright there depending on degree.
Reply 1794
I'm kind of terrified applying to any universities which take into account GCSE and A levels. I didn't do terrible but it wasn't all A*s or A's. I wonder if many applying to graduate entry do have all A's or A*s?
Original post by Rasillon
What r ur stats

Posted from TSR Mobile

2.1 in biomed
Ukcat average 737
Various work experience (hospital/GP shadowing, working in pharmacy, first aid, volunteering in home for those who are mentally ill, befriending patients in nursing home, youth leader, various fundraising projects)

....aaaand of course lots of worrying about getting accepted! Haha 🙈

What are your stats? Where are you applying? 🙄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1796
Original post by GavinJR
in case you don't know, Southampton don't really care about A levels except chemistry at grade C. I didn't sit chemistry and they've still said i can apply as my degree had enough chemistry content, so you might be alright there depending on degree.

Thank you! Will call Southampton and ask them about my degree as well. Most graduate courses I've seen don't look at GCSEs (besides maths and English at Grade B) to be honest; just A Levels and degree or Degree classification alone
If I get predicted a first, will it be likely that the unis will make my conditions to achieve a first or will it be the standard 2:1 offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
omg I still haven't received my reference................................
Original post by sean0219
If I get predicted a first, will it be likely that the unis will make my conditions to achieve a first or will it be the standard 2:1 offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

always 2:1

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending