The Student Room Group

Do you actually believe in banning Muslims from entering the UK?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SHallowvale
How are those things affecting the UK?

guess
Reply 61
Nice to see a huge defeat for the yes side. Shows that we are a tolerant country
Original post by frankielogue
barely, considering your horrific spelling.

It's called a typing error you retard.
Original post by YoFadda
Nice to see a huge defeat for the yes side. Shows that we are a tolerant country

is islam tolerant?
Original post by sleepysnooze
guess

I shouldn't have to guess. This is what you have said.

I'd like to know the extent to which these things are happening in the UK and hence why you think they are a good enough justification for banning Muslims from entering.
Reply 65
Nope. But they are annoying as ****
Original post by JorahMormont
Some of them don't want to live here.

Have you not watched the ****ing news?

They're not being forced against their will. Least you can do to show your gratitude to a country taking you out of the situation you're in is show a bit of ****ing respect. It's like being homeless and someone taking you in and giving you a home, then you refusing to respect their house rules and the way they like to live.
Original post by WoodyMKC
They're not being forced against their will. Least you can do to show your gratitude to a country taking you out of the situation you're in is show a bit of ****ing respect. It's like being homeless and someone taking you in and giving you a home, then you refusing to respect their house rules and the way they like to live.

Ah yes. But because their government is corrupt and their homes are getting destroyed by bombs - they're not being forced.

Pretty sure its a life or death situation for them, so of course they have to move.

And you still fail to realise, not everyone is like that. You're acting like every muslim who has ever moved here has defied the laws of the UK. Those who come here trying to enforce Sharia Law etc are *******s, this is coming from a muslim. People like them are the ones who you are describing, not every single muslim living in the UK.
Reply 68
Original post by _gcx
How would you determine one to be a "religious fanatic"?

Ask them to shake the hand of a woman - or a man - a gay, and a Jew.
Honestly, I'm Muslim (albeit a 'liberal' one, although that's a bit of a contradiction) and I'm really conflicted on this issue. The UK could have better screening but it's almost impossible to ascertain someones true views unless they've lived here for a while. Outright banning all Muslims would be ridiculous too, as most Muslims are generally normal people.
Ah yes. But because their government is corrupt and their homes are getting destroyed by bombs - they're not being forced.

Pretty sure its a life or death situation for them, so of course they have to move.

And you still fail to realise, not everyone is like that. You're acting like every muslim who has ever moved here has defied the laws of the UK. Those who come here trying to enforce Sharia Law etc are *******s, this is coming from a muslim. People like them are the ones who you are describing, not every single muslim living in the UK.

Exactly - so a bit of gratitude for taking them out of that situation wouldn't go amiss, I mean they could stay in their warzone of a home if they liked by all rights, but our government offering them a home is just something they're entitled to, right?

Well you've quite clearly pulled that out of your arse. I very clearly acknowledged in my first post that I have no problem with the ones that integrate and that they should at least be given a chance to show that they can integrate - I in no way whatsoever said that muslims are incapable of integrating and shouldn't be allowed into our country non-stop, in fact I said practically the opposite.
Reply 71
Original post by Kyou
Honestly, I'm Muslim (albeit a 'liberal' one, although that's a bit of a contradiction) and I'm really conflicted on this issue. The UK could have better screening but it's almost impossible to ascertain someones true views unless they've lived here for a while. Outright banning all Muslims would be ridiculous too, as most Muslims are generally normal people.

Anyone who believes that the punishment under Sharia Law is stoning is not normal in my eyes. Sorry
Exactly - so a bit of gratitude for taking them out of that situation wouldn't go amiss, I mean they could stay in their warzone of a home if they liked by all rights, but our government offering them a home is just something they're entitled to, right?

Well you've quite clearly pulled that out of your arse. I very clearly acknowledged in my first post that I have no problem with the ones that integrate and that they should at least be given a chance to show that they can integrate - I in no way whatsoever said that muslims are incapable of integrating and shouldn't be allowed into our country non-stop, in fact I said practically the opposite.

"why, when a lot of them clearly have no respect for our culture" - from your original reply.

"A lot"
Original post by BuckFoy
Anyone who believes that the punishment under Sharia Law is stoning is not normal in my eyes. Sorry

It's not. Hence why countries such as Afghanistan and Iraq have outlawed it. Unless you take Saudi Arabia to be the only 'true' Muslim country, when we all know the numerous barbaric things they do to their citizens daily.
Reply 74
Original post by Kyou
It's not. Hence why countries such as Afghanistan and Iraq have outlawed it. Unless you take Saudi Arabia to be the only 'true' Muslim country, when we all know the numerous barbaric things they do to their citizens daily.

Ahmadi detected
Original post by BuckFoy
Ahmadi detected

I'm Sunni.
"why, when a lot of them clearly have no respect for our culture" - from your original reply.

"A lot"

Exactly. "A lot". Not "all" - "A lot". "A lot" meaning a considerable amount. Not even the majority, just a considerable amount. If I meant all, I'd have said all.
Original post by BuckFoy
Ahmadi detected

I will say that I have seen the hadith which explicitly mention stoning as a punishment, and there is a disagreement whether the hadith are strong enough to derive a ruling from it.

In any case, I personally disagree with it.
Exactly. "A lot". Not "all" - "A lot". "A lot" meaning a considerable amount. Not even the majority, just a considerable amount. If I meant all, I'd have said all.

Alright buddy, lets agree to disagree.
Original post by sleepysnooze
oh come on, don't shy away - it's not like I'm shielding information from you. I am trying to induce you to tell me what we're all thinking. you don't have to be so modest and shady - you're looking like you're scared of answering me

muslims are a deeply intolerant people. they have a wide array of prejudices that are completely against our society. they come from a part of the world (either the first or the second generation in the UK) where people are punished for things that are widely accepted in the UK, such as homosexuality, adultery, apostacy, blasphemy, not veiling, etc. they come from a part of the world where child marriage is also widely practiced. they come from a part of the world where women are seen as second class citizens, at best. and in the UK, the deepening of muslim immigration means that our values are changing. it means that, in this age of experimented political correctness, we aren't allowed to shame muslims for their barbaric values for fears that it could be racist. so we now have a social narrative that there are no moral truths and no true moral values - only different cultures. which is abhorrent. from this, we are accepting all sorts of things to be de fact, such as anti-semitism, and homophobia, and even violence relating to those two things. we as a nation had to tolerate muslim grooming and rape gangs institutionally because of this fear of being branded racism while all it would amount to is standing up for western values against middle eastern ones. so our culture is adjusting to this islamic racket of "accept islam as legitimate in the west or you're racist". it's even sad to know that there are tax-funded muslim faith schools where it is basically a fact now that children are being taught dreadful things and being segregated (or even mistreated) on account of their gender. I shouldn't even need to address the fact of parallel societies/communities, or "no go areas". is it a good thing that there are parts of the UK which look unrecognisable because of islamic immigration? is it really? do you think these areas are hot spots for noble and admirable social attitudes? do you think that if I dressed as gayly and flamboyantly as I could in one of these areas that I'd escape without being at least verbally harrassed and at most beaten up? the spreading of islam into the west also means a lot more child abuse - such as circumcision (boys and girls), and honour violence. how is *that* a good thing for the UK? I could go on, and on, and on with this. but I know your answer already: "you're a racist" - fantastic...

I'm not shying away from anything. I don't hold the same beliefs that you have hence I've asked you to provide justification for your own. I can't provide an answer for that. :facepalm:

People shame Muslims all the time. This forum is proof of that. You also have popular public figures like Richard Dawkins who are very critical of conservative Muslims and Islam. What is not accepted, and rightfully so, are people who go about shaming Muslims without any just reason or provocation. For example, the guy who approached a random Muslim in the street and asked her to justify Islamic terrorism.

How are we accepting anti-semitism, homophobia and violence relating to these two things? How are we tolerating Muslim grooming and rape gangs? May you provide examples of this acceptance?

And before you mention Rotherham, that isn't example of us ''accepting'' grooming and rape gangs. The scandal would never have developed into what it had been if we all believed ''well, it's just their culture!'' as you seem to think we do. Rotherham was the product of a **** council doing stupid things for stupid reasons. It isn't proof that the rest of the UK is like that.

I don't support faith schools, Islamic or otherwise, I don't care if some parts of the country look ''unrecognisable'' because of Muslim immigration and, to be honest, you could dress up as gayly and as flamboyantly as possible, walk through some communities without a single Muslim and still be harassed.

Is circumcision affecting the non-Muslim UK population? This is news to me. Do you have any more information on honour violence?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending